• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 18th] The Smash Academy (Orlando, FL) Melee/PM Tournament

RagingCherry

Suuuuup!
NNID
RagingCherry
Sup nerds

So a while back I announced we'd be hosting a monthly tournament at a place in Orlando! Here's the details:

Venue Fee: $10
Singles Fee: $5
Doubles Fee: $10/team ($5/player)
Spectator Fee: $3

Pre-reg: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1A6HmAGVlcJciGWt0bk7AiuE7aqmxj18gRrHzCAGiVjU/viewform?usp=send_form

The Game Academy
10077 University Blvd., Orlando, Florida 32817

May 18th (Sunday)
11:30am-12:30pm (registration)
1pm- Melee Doubles
Other games get played as the bracket(s) move along

The Game Academy will be providing FREE PIZZAS and waters for people there until they run out!

We will also be getting trophies/medals made for melee/pm singles (depending on price, etc. we'll add other games)

It comfortably fits however many people we need, and they have a good AC system for us!

The place is in a HUGE parking lot so there's plenty of space! There's a Publix, Taco Bell, Subway, and gas station all in the same plaza, with many more places near it!

On top of all these things, we will have a section for Smash Coaches to help out/train people during the event! More details soon!

Event will be live streamed at:
http://www.twitch.tv/ragingcherry

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I might be able to join in, if my work schedule allows it!

Morbellix

Smash Rookie
Two quick questions:
1) Do you get a discount for bringing a set-up?
2)Do you have to pay 10$ for Maylay singles and 10$ for P:M singles?

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Okay, since this came out recently, should we use the new Smashboards ruleset? Pretty much the only thing changed is Distant Planet as a neutral for doubles.

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
GGs to everyone I faced in this tourney! Seventh place is not that bad a turnout. I'm happy! Loads of fun, guys! I look forward to the next tourney!

Top Bottom