• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 17, 2015] Smash Bros, MKX, Mario Kart 8, Indie Games, Board Games, &... (Des Plaines, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
This Sunday at Stadium in Des Plaines we will be having our regular weekly event but this time around with a free buffet for all players between 6:30 and 7:30 pm. We'll be running Smash 4 3v3 VIP at 1 pm, 2v2 at 2 pm, Auction Event at 4 pm, 1v1's at 5 pm, Melee and PM at 5 pm, and Smash 64 at 6 pm.

MKX will begin at 4 pm. Indie games and board games will be available to play throughout the day.

A one time $5 venue fee for all players and spectators. $5 entry fee per tournament.

Please spread the word and bring out your friends for free food and various games the whole day.

For more info, visit https://www.facebook.com/events/537297866411455/

Last edited:

DoubleM10

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-2511-7689-2504
How many people showed u this past Sunday the 8th? What are the rules for super smash 4? I'm very interesting in going

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
How many people showed u this past Sunday the 8th? What are the rules for super smash 4? I'm very interesting in going
We had about 25-30 players throughout the day for the first week and we're expecting twice that many to show up this Sunday. For Smash 4 it's 3 stock, 8 mins, with starters on fd, battlefield, town and city, smashville, and lylat. Counters are halberd, delfino, and kongo jungle. We also have 2v2's and 3v3's which were a blast. Do you have any other friends that would want to attend? Let us know and hope to see you there.

DoubleM10

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-2511-7689-2504
That sounds great. this would be our first formal tournament. its its great cause its local. i work and live in this area. my friend and i would be attending. and are the 2v2 and 3v3 similar rules?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
That sounds great. this would be our first formal tournament. its its great cause its local. i work and live in this area. my friend and i would be attending. and are the 2v2 and 3v3 similar rules?
Oh nice glad to hear you will be attending. 2v2's are same rules plus Big Battlefield. 3v3's is VIP Mode where you have a leader on each team labeled VIP that you must protect and take out the VIP on the other team. Those stages are only Pyrosphere which is the starter, Norfair and Big Battlefield.

DoubleM10

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-2511-7689-2504
that sounds good. sounds like a good time. and with that many people competition should be interesting.

BeepBopBoopster

Smash Rookie
I’m thinking about going, but I feel like it would be awkward because of my age, can you tell me about what age group showed up in the last few tournaments?

This may sound weird, but I’d also like to know who the youngest person there was.

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I’m thinking about going, but I feel like it would be awkward because of my age, can you tell me about what age group showed up in the last few tournaments?

This may sound weird, but I’d also like to know who the youngest person there was.
Hey don't worry about it at all. It's not weird. We have players as young as 14 playing. How old are you? All ages are welcome so it's not a problem.

Last edited:

BoomStickSmasher

Smash Rookie
I am only eleven, but I have bin to many tournaments before. Also my friends and me might come. If they can't, could I bring my amiibos as teammates? I am also wondering do you have smash competitions just for amiibos?

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I am only eleven, but I have bin to many tournaments before. Also my friends and me might come. If they can't, could I bring my amiibos as teammates? I am also wondering do you have smash competitions just for amiibos?
No worries. Hopefully you can bring your friends. We don't allow amiibos since they can easily win in tournaments, but you can play with a level 9 computer worst case.

BeepBopBoopster

Smash Rookie
Hey don't worry about it at all. It's not weird. We have players as young as 14 playing. How old are you? All ages are welcome so it's not a problem.
I’m almost fourteen and now I see that someone even younger than me might come so I won’t let age influence my decision, I think I’ll be able to make it.

BoomStickSmasher

Smash Rookie
I hope that my crew can make it. I really want to try 3v3. That just sounds crazy fun. I should probably tell you yes or no tonight. I want to come but, I will probably be the youngest if I go but It doesn't matter.

BoomStickSmasher

Smash Rookie
I can come, but one of my friends can't. The other one is maybe. Is there anyone who wants a teammate for 3v3?

Ethan192

Smash Rookie
I hopefully should be making it out to this tomorrow for melee. Would love to try the 3v3 VIP mode in Smash 4 but I don't have a crew or anything.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I hopefully should be making it out to this tomorrow for melee. Would love to try the 3v3 VIP mode in Smash 4 but I don't have a crew or anything.
Sounds good but you can try to form a crew there with anyone that doesn't have a team. We'll see tomorrow.

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
My friend and I are looking to join the competitive Smash scene, and we are very interested in this since it's so close. A big question I have is whether or not you need to attend gametypes you're not interested in? As in, if we were only interested in Sm4sh singles, do we need to show up for triples, or can we walk in the door shortly before 4:00 PM?

SpoutSoul

Smash Rookie
Hey I have a question, I got one of my friends to join me for the 2v2 matches, and I was wondering do I have to pay another 5 or 10 dollars to enter the singles bracket?

kobyatchi

Smash Rookie
Do you allow Pro Controllers? Most tournaments don't because they are wireless.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
My friend and I are looking to join the competitive Smash scene, and we are very interested in this since it's so close. A big question I have is whether or not you need to attend gametypes you're not interested in? As in, if we were only interested in Sm4sh singles, do we need to show up for triples, or can we walk in the door shortly before 4:00 PM?
You would only need to show up for that game. Glad to hear you guys are going to join the scene though and good luck to you on Sunday.

Hey I have a question, I got one of my friends to join me for the 2v2 matches, and I was wondering do I have to pay another 5 or 10 dollars to enter the singles bracket?
You guys can choose only to do doubles if you want. There is no obligation to do any event that you don't want to.

Do you allow Pro Controllers? Most tournaments don't because they are wireless.
We do but just be careful about issues with syncing after your match is done.

SpoutSoul

Smash Rookie
Oh no that's not the problem, me and my friend want to do the singles bracket, I was just wondering to make sure to bring extra money for the matches and stuff.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Oh no that's not the problem, me and my friend want to do the singles bracket, I was just wondering to make sure to bring extra money for the matches and stuff.
Oh sorry. Ya it's $5 venue fee and $5 entry fee for prizes per person. The venue fee is a one time cost.

Last edited:

Mist Dragon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShinyGyarados
Is it possible to enter multiple games due to timing? I'd at least want to play PM and Melee.

BoomStickSmasher

Smash Rookie
I might come to this tournament. I will bring amiibos to fight other peoples amiibos. I might do 3v3 VIP if I can find teammates there. #Ganondorfdisrespect.

BeepBopBoopster

Smash Rookie
I might bring some amiibo too next time I go, I can’t go this week though.

Last edited:

QUEEN.

Smash Rookie
So for the tournament tomorrow in rolling meadows i have a friend who wants to come but just wants to watch does he e have to pay a fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom