• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [May 15, 2016] Heroes' Test (Waterbury, CT)

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
Bi-Weekly tournaments hosted by One Punch Bros

Venue: King's Landing Waterbury, CT

Sunday Reg: 12:00 pm

Sm4sh Doubles: 1:30 pm

Sm4sh Singles: 3:30 pm

Street Fighter V: 4:30 pm

Entry fee: $5 venue, $5 tournament fee
$2 off of the venue fee if you bring a setup. A Wii U all characters and dreamland dlc and adapter and/or a monitor with HDMI count for the discount.
Doubles entry is $2 per person. This may increase if interest increases and players request. Want to increase doubles play 1st and for most so lowered amount for now.

Doubles ruleset
3 stocks 8 minutes
Double Elimination
All items set to OFF

Only Grands best of 5

Payout will vary on # of teams.

Customs: Banned

Miis: Standard size Miis are allowed with any moveset (this is a trial amongst the smash community that may change again.)

Stagelist

We are using a testing phase list for Tristate and New England as approve by all the TOs

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Dreamland
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Dunk Hunt
Umbra Clock Tower
Omega Stage (Count as FD ban)

Bans:

T1-T2

Winner bans 2 stages

Singles ruleset

Standard ruleset
2 stocks and 6 minutes
Double Elimination
All items set to OFF

Winner's, Loser's, and Grands bo5

Payout

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Customs: Banned

Miis: Standard size Miis are allowed with any moveset (this is a trial amongst the smash community that may change again.)

Controllers:
Only Wii U gamepad is banned
All other accepted, but you must remember to desync wireless controllers. Failure to desync alot of times or too many times may result in a DQ. Not at all trying to be rude as we all make mistakes, but it does waste time so keep an eye on your wireless controls please.

Stagelist

We are using a testing phase list for Tristate and New England as approve by all the TOs

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Dreamland
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Dunk Hunt
Umbra Clock Tower
Omega Stage (Count as FD ban)

Bans:

P1-P2

Winner bans 2 stages

Gentleman's Agreement is allowed if both players agree to a stage not on list or if a player wants to let someone go back to a stage they already won on.

If you have any questions regarding the events please leave a comment, message me, or tweet @OpX_AJAX

Street Fighter V
Vs Mode
2 Rounds
Time Limit: 99 seconds
All matches 2/3
Winners/Loser’s Finals and Grand Finals 3/5
Accidental pause will result in the pausing player to lose the current round.

After the first match, the LOSING player of the last match may opt to change their character.

Thank you for any and all support and lets get the Waterbury scene in on the Smash community. Hope everything runs well and that all tournaments in the area can get some more competitors coming from these bi-weekly events.

swaffles

Smash Rookie
NNID
rchriste
I was looking for a local tournament that allowed the Pro Controllers and I've finally found it! I haven't yet been to a tournament and this seems like the perfect place to begin.

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
I was looking for a local tournament that allowed the Pro Controllers and I've finally found it! I haven't yet been to a tournament and this seems like the perfect place to begin.
Yup we allow it. Hope to see you there 2morrow

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
So glad tourneys are finally being held locally definitely going.
Yea man
I got tired of there not being a scene in CT that was big enough so myself and a group of friends got this going. Glad to hear your excited. 1st week we had 16 in bracket and 2nd one we had 23 in bracket. Its going well

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
The upcoming event has been rescheduled to Sunday the December 20th to prevent having to cancel due to everyone in area going to see star wars. Also so we can run a trial test and see how many people show as we might start running monthlies on a Sunday.

Tournaments will resume on Thursdays after the next one. I apologize for any confusion.

swaffles

Smash Rookie
NNID
rchriste
Is there any chance for more events to be held on weekends? I find it difficult to attend tournaments in the middle of the week when I have obligations to schoolwork. I think people would enjoy events held on the weekends.

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
Is there any chance for more events to be held on weekends? I find it difficult to attend tournaments in the middle of the week when I have obligations to schoolwork. I think people would enjoy events held on the weekends.
Might end up holding monthlies on sundays so its possible

boomshakalaka

Smash Cadet
How was the last one? I got three ppl that'll come wit me. Not this weekend but next tournament for sure... So yeah let's keep this goin

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
How was the last one? I got three ppl that'll come wit me. Not this weekend but next tournament for sure... So yeah let's keep this goin
First weekend had 16 not including myself as i just ran it.

Challonge.com/Operationsm4sh

Second one had more and I keep hearing more interest. Only gonna get bigger hopefully and im gettin a stream setup for it.

Challonge.com/smashthethrone

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
I'm new to the scene and I just want to know how I am supposed to register for this tournament.
Just come down and I enter your name after you pay. Simple and easy. And usually alot of time for friendlies as well

Hyruled

Banned via Warnings
NNID
NSGHoenn90
Just come down and I enter your name after you pay. Simple and easy. And usually alot of time for friendlies as well
When is the latest possible time to sign up. My group should get there by 3:45 but just in case...

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
When is the latest possible time to sign up. My group should get there by 3:45 but just in case...
Right about 4 is the cutoff give or take a few mins. If u walk in as im about to start then i can add quickly, but if u miss it no big deal as you can play friendlies when some TVs open up

When you arrive ask for AJAX

Last edited:

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
On New Years there wont be a tournament for Heroes Test, but a smash till dawn event for all smash games. It will start 9pm to 3am New Years Day. Its just venue fee for entry. There will be side events and possibly crew battles and such depending on how many people show.

Regularly scheduled tournaments will resume after that. If you can make it down great, and if not have a great New Years and we will see you next year for the next Heroes Test

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
so theres no event today at 4?
I apologize for the confusion. Tournaments are regularly bi-weekly on Thursdays starting at 7. That 4 pm one was a reschedule to avoid people missing star wars as there were so many including people with setups. Back to normal now until we decide a third day a month which will be a monthly

boomshakalaka

Smash Cadet
link me to the twitch or vods if u guys have them, this is nevvy btw lol fun tourney ill b back

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
link me to the twitch or vods if u guys have them, this is nevvy btw lol fun tourney ill b back
Trying to fix the vids since the stream was acting up so it messed wit the vids. Trial and error unfortunately :(

I will link them if we fix it but i dont know if we will have those up. Next ones will be golden though ;)

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
Starting Feb 7th we will be adding sundays to our tournament schedule.

Every week it will alternate between sunday and Thursday.

So it will be the 7th then the 11th

Then the 21st and the 25th. So on. I will be making a post for the sundays in a few moments.

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
Due to the projected low temperatures for tonight and the current heating situation in the game area tonight will be cancelled. We care about player health and playing comfortable 1st. This is just this week. The next sunday tournament is still on

OpX_ AJAX

Smash Rookie
Due to the projected low temperatures for tonight and the current heating situation in the game area tonight will be cancelled. We care about player health and playing comfortable 1st. This is just this week. The next sunday tournament is still on

The heating is fine now

Top Bottom