• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 15, 2015] Spa City Smash League #4: Mario Kart 8 Tournament and Smash 4... (Hot Springs, AR)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Check out the event on Facebook for further details:

https://www.facebook.com/events/539071806232493/539071809565826/

MARIO KART 8 + SMASH BROS. 4 TOURNAMENTS

Entry Fees:
Spectating Only? FREE

Venue Fee (Player Fee) - $5.00
$5 to enter Mario Kart 8 Tournament
$5 to enter Smash 4 Singles Tournament

Schedule
Registration/Warmups/Friendlies – 2:00pm
Mario Kart 8 Tournament – 4:30pm
Smash Wii U Tournament – 6:30pm

Prize Payouts:
Both Tournaments – 55 / 25 / 10 / 5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario Kart 8 Rules (Point Accumulation, Swiss Style Bracket)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* All characters, all karts, and all parts released at this point are allowed.
* All items are on.
* No COM.
* Players are encouraged to bring their own Pro Controller, Wii Remote, or other controller.

Every player will compete in six rounds, in a swiss style point accumulation tourney.
1st place – 15 points, 2nd place –12 points, 3rd place – 10 points, 4th place – 5 points.

Round 1 - Sunshine Airport, 100cc
Round 2 – Mario Circuit, 100cc
Round 3 - Hyrule Circuit, 100cc
Round 4 - Tick-Tock Clock, 150cc
Round 5 -Toad Harbor, 150cc
Round 6 - Music Park, 150cc

After all six rounds, the 4 players with the most points go to the Finals. The last place racer in each of these rounds is eliminated.
Finals Top 4 – Mute City, 200cc
Finals Top 3 – Toad's Turnpike, 200cc
Finals Top 2 – Rainbow Road SNES, 200cc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sm4sh Singles Rules (Double Elimination)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* All matches will be 3 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
* All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the W Finals, L Finals, and Grand Finals which are best out of 5.
* Players reserve the option for doubleblind character picks in the first match. The winner of the previous match chooses the character first.
* Items are OFF.
*Equipment is OFF, no exceptions.
*Custom moves are OFF except for Palutena.
*Miis Fighters are allowed if approved and uploaded before the tournament begins.
* If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
* Players are expected to bring their own controller. Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use. Any official controller is allowed except for the Wii U GamePad. You can use a GameCube controller, Wiimote + Nunchuk or Classic Controller, Wii U Pro Controller, or your 3DS.
* Mewtwo is legal.

STAGE SELECTION:
Round 1 - Players may agree to start on a random Omega stage, or choose a random Starter if one does not agree to do so.
Rounds 2/3 – winner of previous round strikes one stage (FD/Omega ban counts as one), loser picks from any other Starters or Counterpicks.

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Town & City
Duck Hunt

Counterpicks:
all Omega forms
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Kongo Jungle 64
Skyloft
Halberd

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Nice to know there's a plot split for fourth place this time around, doesn't put as much pressure on me during losers semis. I must ask though, why is it planned on friday?

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Nice to know there's a plot split for fourth place this time around, doesn't put as much pressure on me during losers semis. I must ask though, why is it planned on friday?
Unfortunately, there were absolutely no Saturdays available at either of our possible venues during all of May. I figured it was better to have a Friday event in May than have to wait until June. Good luck today, man!

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Unfortunately, there were absolutely no Saturdays available at either of our possible venues during all of May. I figured it was better to have a Friday event in May than have to wait until June. Good luck today, man!
Thx. Really sucks there isn't going to be a smash 4 tourney at the next fort smash though, but I'm guessing it was because there was only 3 or 4 set ups. And I only got 3 dollars for 3rd LOL

Top Bottom