• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 1, 2015] Battlefront - BiWeekly Project M & Sm4sh Tournament (Grandville, MI)

CRZJay

Smash Rookie
I really want to go to this! But It'd be my first tourney and I'm crazy nervous just thinking about it...

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
I really want to go to this! But It'd be my first tourney and I'm crazy nervous just thinking about it...
Don't worry about it, I went to my first tournament in December and it was really awesome. Everyone there was really nice and helpful, and I would totally go to more but I can't drive and I keep losing all my money at tournaments because I suck XD

CRZJay

Smash Rookie
Don't worry about it, I went to my first tournament in December and it was really awesome. Everyone there was really nice and helpful, and I would totally go to more but I can't drive and I keep losing all my money at tournaments because I suck XD
Thanks for the support! I just don't want to show up just to get stomped right off the bat. Atm I feel like I'm pretty good at PM and Melee, I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible XD. If everyone really is so nice and helpful I might actually go. I just don't know too much about pre-match stuff like stage strikes.

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the support! I just don't want to show up just to get stomped right off the bat. Atm I feel like I'm pretty good at PM and Melee, I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible XD. If everyone really is so nice and helpful I might actually go. I just don't know too much about pre-match stuff like stage strikes.
hi new smasher! if you have any questions prematch about how to strike and counter pick dont be afraid to ask. we were all in your shoes at one point. hope you come out and have fun. these events are biweekly too so get your taste and maybe we will see you back.

CRZJay

Smash Rookie
hi new smasher! if you have any questions prematch about how to strike and counter pick dont be afraid to ask. we were all in your shoes at one point. hope you come out and have fun. these events are biweekly too so get your taste and maybe we will see you back.
I've been talking with a few friends and we're all pumped up to participate! Our biggest fear is showing up just to lose, but I think we're all mostly passed that since this would be our first tourney. How large our these events normally and do any well known smashers participate?

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
a bit of advice, if its your first tournament you might lose alittle bad. but its an exciting feeling. you will realize what you need to do to start getting even better. the sky is the limit. the one for this week might be alittle small, as we just moved buildings. next week we are getting in gear. and may 9th is a saturday fest. this week there might not be many but there will be some. i would say any well known might be me. im not sure on anyone else. jayhawker comes out from time to time and he is known

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
It's always awesome to see new faces and hopefully you guys make it out to the Smashfest at the War Room tomorrow. It's always a good idea to play with new people as much as possible, and there will be a MI PR player(or two!) there tomorrow to help guide you guys.

And hopefully you haven't forgotten about Manor Smash on Saturday~

CRZJay

Smash Rookie
It's always awesome to see new faces and hopefully you guys make it out to the Smashfest at the War Room tomorrow. It's always a good idea to play with new people as much as possible, and there will be a MI PR player(or two!) there tomorrow to help guide you guys.

And hopefully you haven't forgotten about Manor Smash on Saturday~
I can't make it till the 1st :'(

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the support! I just don't want to show up just to get stomped right off the bat.
No problem! Yeah you're probably gonna lose to most players at your first event unless you're secretly amazing or something, but don't let that discourage you. Like haru said, it's an exciting feeling because all of a sudden you see so much more room for improvement and hopefully it will motivate you to practice even more, I know it did for me (even though I get bopped by just about everyone still)

CRZJay

Smash Rookie
No problem! Yeah you're probably gonna lose to most players at your first event unless you're secretly amazing or something, but don't let that discourage you. Like haru said, it's an exciting feeling because all of a sudden you see so much more room for improvement and hopefully it will motivate you to practice even more, I know it did for me (even though I get bopped by just about everyone still)
I've tried to learn by watching Mango M2K HBox and others but my L-Canceling needs work as well as my wavedashing. I haven't really lost to many people I know/have met but I've already planned out being stomped my first few tourneys lol. Hope I get to see you guys there and maybe play some friendlies :D

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
I've tried to learn by watching Mango M2K HBox and others but my L-Canceling needs work as well as my wavedashing. I haven't really lost to many people I know/have met but I've already planned out being stomped my first few tourneys lol. Hope I get to see you guys there and maybe play some friendlies :D
Awesome! Yeah I'd love to play you, who knows you might be better than me XD

CRZJay

Smash Rookie
Awesome! Yeah I'd love to play you, who knows you might be better than me XD
Well my Marth, Shiek, Fox, Falco, and C. Falcon game are decent in PM and Melee... I mean, those are the people I play the most XD. If I do win we'll just call it beginners luck XD

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
So there is one tourney on May 1st and one on May 9th. What is the difference between the two. I feel like each event should have its own thread to make it less confusing. Or maybe I'm just not very smart...

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
So there is one tourney on May 1st and one on May 9th. What is the difference between the two. I feel like each event should have its own thread to make it less confusing. Or maybe I'm just not very smart...
I believe the event on the ninth is a Natufest and it was just mentioned here because it's at the same venue as this one and is coming up fairly soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong pls

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
natufest is on the 9th and will have its own event page. this event page is for the biweeklies ZTD host. natufest is kinda ztd and at the same venue. there is a tournament this saturday at manor too. we are becoming a pretty active bunch.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
An attempt will be made. The venue right now is just starting to put together their internet connection again(Woes of the past where customers to the venue used the free wifi for illegal activities), so while there should be a stream, there is no guarantee at the moment.

The venue itself is pretty cool, though. It's got a bit more space than the last one.

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
An attempt will be made. The venue right now is just starting to put together their internet connection again(Woes of the past where customers to the venue used the free wifi for illegal activities), so while there should be a stream, there is no guarantee at the moment.

The venue itself is pretty cool, though. It's got a bit more space than the last one.
Ok, hope it gets sorted out soon. I'll see everyone tomorrow!

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
im salty i couldnt be there. I'll see everyone at natufest!

Last edited:

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
Are there smashfests on the odd Fridays or was that a one time thing?

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
same place, same time, and still having smashfests every week. ima try to be at the one this friday

Vigenere

Smash Rookie
I'm so pumped about this I've been looking around for a weekly near GR for a while. So this happens bi-weekly? Is there a Facebook event or Google doc or anything with more details about the future ones? I'd love to start going if I can.

Top Bottom