• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 1, 2015] Battlefront - BiWeekly Project M & Sm4sh Tournament (Grandville, MI)

ZeroToDeath

Smash Rookie
Sometimes just watching players at Xanadu and other streams isn't enough for some players. Some people want to go out every week and prove their dedication and skill. Some people want to have somewhere they can count on to always be there for them.

Well, we're here for those people.
Battlefront will be Streamed, with a commentary crew and overlays. It's going to be an official movement by our organization to help the scene grow even stronger, and help those who can't get every Saturday off to still get their tournament fix.

Entry Information
$5 Venue
$5 Entry Fee for Singles
*$2 Venue Fee Waived if you bring a system+game
**Full Venue Fee Waived if you bring a full WiiU Setup (HDTV(not CRT), Adapter, WiiU, Smash) on Sm4sh Event days.

Battlefront Gaming provides over 15 CRT televisions available at all times at the venue, so we will not be refunding fees for Televisions brought. At the time, we're only accepting 'partial' setups, that being a setup without the TV, for the usual $3 off. There is currently no cap to how many Wiis we will accept, so be sure to bring a usable setup to get that refund!

Schedule
5 PM – Doors Open / Registration Begins
5:45 PM – Sm4sh Singles Registration Closes
6 PM – Sm4sh Singles Begins
6:15 PM – Project M Singles Registration Closes
6:30 PM – Project M Singles Bracket Begins

Payouts
[collapse=<24 Entrants]
60% – First
30% – Second
10% – Third[/collapse]
[collapse=24-31 Entrants]
50% – First
25% – Second
15% – Third
10% – Fourth[/collapse]
[collapse=32-47 Entrants]
48% – First
25% – Second
11% – Third
8% – Fourth
4% – Fifth (x2)[/collapse]
[collapse=<48 Entrants]
45% – First
22% – Second
12% – Third
8% – Fourth
4% – Fifth (x2)
2.5% – Seventh x2[/collapse]

Rules
[collapse=General Rules]-Players who fail to report to their match within 10 minutes of it being announced will lose their first game of the match. After 15 minutes without reporting to their match, players will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.
- Bracket matches take priority over friendlies and money matches. The TO reserves the right to prematurely end any match.
- BYOC
- Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
- Wireless controllers are discouraged due to interference and unreliability.
- Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
- Any player is allowed to pick a stage they have already banned against an opponent.
- Any hacks or mods applied to a setup may be inspected by a TO, who reserves the right to have those hacks disabled if they are deemed inappropriate for tournament play.
- Team Attack ON[/collapse]
[collapse=Project: M Rules]
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE.
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* The TO staff reserves the right to change rulesets accordingly in the event of a new release at least two weeks before the tournament.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes one stage.
3. Play on remaining stage

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
[/collapse][collapse=Melee Rules]* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* Items OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound or Peach’s Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “1221″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash WiiU Rules]
  • 2 Stocks
  • 6 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • Team Attack is On
  • Pause Disabled
  • The act of stalling is banned -- Stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinite’s, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If a match ends with a Character’s suicide move, the player that initiated the suicide move, Bowser, Kirby, Dedede, Ganondorf, win the match regardless of what the results screen states.
  • If the game results in a Timeout the player with the lower % wins. If both players are tied in % it goes to a 1 stock 3 minute tiebreaker.
  • LGL is 50, only used if a timeout happens.
  • Any Glitch that freezes the game is banned.
  • Equipment of any type is banned.
  • Custom Movesets are allowed and must be revealed before any game of the set.
  • Mii Fighters are allowed. This includes Piston Punch.
[/collapse]

Stages
Current Stages for February 27th
[collapse=Project M Stages]
Starter
● Battlefield
● Smashville
● Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpick
● Wario Ware Inc.
● Dreamland
● Green Hill Zone
● Final Destination
● Fountain of Dreams
[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Stages]
Neutral
● Final Destination
● Yoshi’s Story
● Dream Land
● Battlefield
● Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick ● Pokemon Stadium
[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash Wii U Stages]
Winner of previous game gets 2 bans
Starter Stages

● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*
*Omega's are banned with FD
[/collapse]

TOs
Solharath - 231.233.5574
Dad - 616.717.8629

Last edited:

ZeroToDeath

Smash Rookie
Rules, schedule, and stagelists are subject to be changed at any time, up to 48 hours before the event starts.

Reserved post for results of the most current Battlefront weeklies!

[collapse=Rulesets]
[collapse=Stages]
[collapse=Project M Stages]
Starter
- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpick
- Wario Ware Inc.
- Dreamland
- Green Hill Zone
- Final Destination
- Fountain of Dreams
[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash Wii U Stages]
Winner of previous game gets 2 bans
Starter Stages

● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*
*Omega's are banned with FD
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
:O hype! But why did you choose to use a smaller stage list?
Also how would one get on stream? Because I've been to 2 ZTD events before and haven't gotten on stream at either one and I'd really like to at some point.

tinyboss

Smash Rookie
I've been wanting a weekly like this from the moment I was born

Last edited:

cisyphus

Smash Ace
:O hype! But why did you choose to use a smaller stage list?
Also how would one get on stream? Because I've been to 2 ZTD events before and haven't gotten on stream at either one and I'd really like to at some point.
Streams tend to select the most interesting sets within a tournament setting: for pools this is the projected first seed vs the projected second seed. In bracket, this is every later tournament match and typically the 2nd vs. 3rd seeds of the first round. After that, it's usually exclusively winner's bracket sets until loser's semis. Semis and finals are normally played entirely on stream. My answer to your question is basically, "perform well in tournament and you're guaranteed a spot." If you're unable to do so, take advantage of possible downtime before / after to do moneymatches.

Last edited:

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
Streams tend to select the most interesting sets within a tournament setting: for pools this is the projected first seed vs the projected second seed. In bracket, this is every later tournament match and typically the 2nd vs. 3rd seeds of the first round. After that, it's usually exclusively winner's bracket sets until loser's semis. Semis and finals are normally played entirely on stream. My answer to your question is basically, "perform well in tournament and you're guaranteed a spot." If you're unable to do so, take advantage of possible downtime before / after to do moneymatches.
Well, looks like I need to get better then. Will there be pools at these?

ZeroToDeath

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I have a couple of changes to make to the weekly that I want to make known. First of all, we're adding Melee to the roster at this, the first weekly. As such, we're also changing the schedule a little bit.

5 PM - Doors Open/Registration begins.
5:45 PM - Melee Registration closes
6 PM - Melee Singles Begins
7:15 - PM Registration closes
7:30 - PM Singles Starts

There is NO CAP for either event. Straight double elimination brackets for each.

As for Sm4sh, I know we're going to have a lot of friendly setups this week, and I'm hyped to see you all there, as I also have some good news for you. The following weekend (March 7th) is a Project M and Melee tournament known as ZTD Prologue. Thusly, Battlefront's Weekly tournament that week will be a Sm4sh Tournament! We're going to be testing out each scene in order to gear ourselves for the future. See you all Friday!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
This is tomorrow(today really).

As cisyphus(Dad) said on Facebook. "Tomorrow's the launch of what promises to be West Michigan's hub of Smash Tournaments at Battlefront. It'd be awesome if anyone and everyone could make it out and create a fantastic tournament day for us!"

ZeroToDeath

Smash Rookie
Looking for a pre-SWEET XIX Melee tournament to warm up at? The main event is Melee this week, so be sure to make it out and get some last-minute tournament practice in!

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
As I understand it you feature a different game each week, if so what is the schedule for the rotations? Or am I wrong?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Basically, there are two full rotations as we feel out the region and find out what we need to cater to - right now, Project M has had the most entrants both weeks, even when it had a 16-entrant cap. At the moment, Melee had a capless tournament and only brought in 12, but the next week Sm4sh brought in 13 when it wasn't capped either. So right now, all that's been confirmed is that, yes, we're a PM region.

That said, I'm aware that a new weekly series is hard to plan into, so at the very least, we're giving each game multiple chances to show us their moves. Currently, I'm playing around with the idea of a format that'll dissolve the cap without sacrificing time.

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
Basically, there are two full rotations as we feel out the region and find out what we need to cater to - right now, Project M has had the most entrants both weeks, even when it had a 16-entrant cap. At the moment, Melee had a capless tournament and only brought in 12, but the next week Sm4sh brought in 13 when it wasn't capped either. So right now, all that's been confirmed is that, yes, we're a PM region.

That said, I'm aware that a new weekly series is hard to plan into, so at the very least, we're giving each game multiple chances to show us their moves. Currently, I'm playing around with the idea of a format that'll dissolve the cap without sacrificing time.
Ok. Does that mean that PM will be at all of them?

ChaosFalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dixdix22
3DS FC
3351-4604-2698
How friendly would this tournament be towards not noobs, but better than a casual player? Even so this would be my first tourny, and I would love to go if I can. Also I may or may not be able to friends that don't have smashboard accounts is it ok to bring them?

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
How friendly would this tournament be towards not noobs, but better than a casual player? Even so this would be my first tourny, and I would love to go if I can. Also I may or may not be able to friends that don't have smashboard accounts is it ok to bring them?
They're pretty friendly from my experience :) and anyone can enter as far as I know

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
be sure to come out to ZTD natufest this saturday guys. running PM and PM doubles.

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there saturday with a couple of friends who have never played competitively before... Have fun beating us haha

supertav3000

Smash Rookie
NNID
Supertav3000
After reading the board I am lost. Is this event still happening on Friday, April 10? Also will there be any doubles or PM?

cisyphus

Smash Ace
NatuFest is a separate entity from the weekly series. The weeklies are every Friday, and Facebook is the best way to keep up to date with these so far as what will be ran, although I believe we've narrowed it down to PM and Smash 4.

Last edited:

ZeroToDeath

Smash Rookie
In response to the move between buildings, our first event at the War Room will be a low-impact Smashfest with a recording setup handy and at least one currently MI Power Ranked player, which will be next Friday. The first Biweekly tournament will be May 1st, 2015, and will be pushing for a full stream setup.

I apologize for the inconvenience, especially to anyone who traveled today. We secured the venue for our continued operations Thursday evening, and found it too short of notice to carry on the event.

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
In response to the move between buildings, our first event at the War Room will be a low-impact Smashfest with a recording setup handy and at least one currently MI Power Ranked player, which will be next Friday. The first Biweekly tournament will be May 1st, 2015, and will be pushing for a full stream setup.
So just to clarify, there is a smashfest at the War Room at the same time as the weeklies were this Friday, and then the series continues the following Friday?

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
the series will continue at the new venue. it appears we will have everything we had at battlefront and more. i heard the new venue is really nice.

Top Bottom