• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maximillian Is Making An 'Assist Me!' Series for Smash Bros.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Might have something to do with Max just being awful and annoying?
No. It wouldn't make sense for the man to say "No! God! Please! No!" just because of that opinion of him. Otherwise, Dust the baptist here will be saying that to EVERYTHING he does. Max is not awful and annoying in the slightest. He's a GREAT Youtuber, in my opinion!

But I digress. Again, it's no. Just him saying no about Sm4sh featuring on Assist Me. That's all. :ohwell:

Last edited:

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
you are right nobody is forcing me to watch the poorly written 20 minute show with around 5 minutes of gameplay that probably wont cover much because Max probably has no idea of how to play the game or have the muscle memory to do any advanced techniques. even though he is apparently getting "advice" from other players I doubt he will have any idea how to convey them meaningfully to his audience because like I said he has never played this game more than casually. I remember back at CEO when he told me that he absolutely hated Smash 4 because it was not fast enough, looks like he saw how much money he could make off of this community. If his Guilty Gear videos are any indication of how he will do with these Smash ones, its going to be trash

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
you are right nobody is forcing me to watch the poorly written 20 minute show with around 5 minutes of gameplay that probably wont cover much because Max probably has no idea of how to play the game or have the muscle memory to do any advanced techniques. even though he is apparently getting "advice" from other players I doubt he will have any idea how to convey them meaningfully to his audience because like I said he has never played this game more than casually. I remember back at CEO when he told me that he absolutely hated Smash 4 because it was not fast enough, looks like he saw how much money he could make off of this community. If his Guilty Gear videos are any indication of how he will do with these Smash ones, its going to be trash
Ehhhhhhh...... I dunno man. I really liked his Mahvel assist me series, so I'm hoping it will do well :) We'll just have to wait and see tho :p

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
I remember back at CEO when he told me that he absolutely hated Smash 4 because it was not fast enough, looks like he saw how much money he could make off of this community.
Got any proof? Because that looks like something Max WOULDN'T say. And he's not a type a person who would play a company's game for the money alone.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
except he DID say that and while I may not be able to pull pure evidence out of his voice out of thin air, you can go back to his videos of him complaining that the game was too slow and felt like "Street Fighter IV" (for which if you are not familiar with Street Fighter the game before IV was SFIII: Third Strike which was a lot faster compared to IV and USFIV, which kinda made a rift in the community, thankfully people moved on and played the SFIV series ) it is also kinda silly to ask for proof on some thing some one said, like "yah I got him to write that on my stick and he signed it"

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
except he DID say that and while I may not be able to pull pure evidence out of his voice out of thin air, you can go back to his videos of him complaining that the game was too slow and felt like "Street Fighter IV" (for which if you are not familiar with Street Fighter the game before IV was SFIII: Third Strike which was a lot faster compared to IV and USFIV, which kinda made a rift in the community, thankfully people moved on and played the SFIV series ) it is also kinda silly to ask for proof on some thing some one said, like "yah I got him to write that on my stick and he signed it"
Nope. If you can't bring in the evidences, I can't trust you to believe that he actually said that, meaning he's selfish and only likes or dislikes Sm4sh because of the speed. That's no different than believing an anonymous Youtube user in the comment section saying that Sakurai dumb down the competitiveness of Sm4sh with NO EVIDENCE! Just a lie. Also, stop ranting about Max in here. If you wanna complain about him and his content, do that on Youtube. Otherwise, please stop.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Hello? Max isn't one to hate something really easily. I know what you are talking about, it was his impressions of the 3DS version, while it was still in beta (not completed). He was saying that the game felt slow to him, but he said he'll wait until the full game comes out, because like what was said before it wasn't the finished version.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter, we should wait until the first few episodes come out before we go ahead and say its ****.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I get that you dont want to believe that Max said that, I was taken back a bit by it as well, but the bottom line is that he DID say it. at the end of the day I KNOW it will be awful, Hell he hasnt even finished the Marvel series, He dosnt play the game first and foremost no matter how much advice people give him if he dosnt know it the message will be poorly given. Im almost certain that this is just a way he can cash in money with a different community through donations and views

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
I get that you dont want to believe that Max said that, I was taken back a bit by it as well, but the bottom line is that he DID say it. at the end of the day I KNOW it will be awful, Hell he hasnt even finished the Marvel series, He dosnt play the game first and foremost no matter how much advice people give him if he dosnt know it the message will be poorly given. Im almost certain that this is just a way he can cash in money with a different community through donations and views
I don't want to believe? Dude, you have no evidences whatsoever, and you expect me to believe in some dude on the INTERNET who believes what he claimed is a fact!? Do you even know Max AT ALL!?! :facepalm: *sigh* Also, stop talking all of that crap and giving Max an bad image, just because of your sick hatred. Ranting about him in Smashboards is not place a good place for you to do it. Not now, not ever. Not even in this pointless argument.

Last edited:

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I know that Max loves getting donations
I know that Max monetizes his videos
I know that he has had money problems for a while
and I know he said that at CEO 2014, He was demoing TJ Combo and I wanted to say hi and thanks because I have been a long time subscriber and we talked about Smash because I entered it and he said that I might as well play brawl and that he dislikes the game greatly because of how slow it felt

He does a lot of things for money, dont you think it is strange that he makes videos for the littlest things? He gets money out of it, and by pandering to the Smash community now he can proceed to get even more money out of his content

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
I know that Max loves getting donations
I know that Max monetizes his videos
I know that he has had money problems for a while
and I know he said that at CEO 2014, He was demoing TJ Combo and I wanted to say hi and thanks because I have been a long time subscriber and we talked about Smash because I entered it and he said that I might as well play brawl and that he dislikes the game greatly because of how slow it felt
Those claims right there is the primary reason why I can't trust you. Max is no selfish money grabbing *****, if that's what's you're thinking. Max isn't a type of dude who would dislike Sm4sh at a blink of an eye the game JUST because the speed. I've seen many melee fanboys judging the gameplay because of that and never once I've seen Max done the same thing. Have you watched his ALL of his impression videos? Apparently not if no. Again, STOP GIVING MAX AN BAD IMAGE, BECAUSE OF YOUR HATERD..!
I don't really like Max as a comedian or whatever you want to call it but I can appreciate this
Thank You!

Last edited:

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I dont have hatred for Max every thing I said was true, like I said, I have seen a whole bunch of his videos and when he realized how much of an audience he could get off of smash he turned 180 degrees and now he loves it enough to make a whole new series of Assist Me when his other Series of it are not even complete? This is the guy who got thousands of dollars on his birthday off of donations, and gets a lot on all of his regular streams. I think it safe to assume he really really likes donations

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
I dont have hatred for Max every thing I said was true, like I said, I have seen a whole bunch of his videos and when he realized how much of an audience he could get off of smash he turned 180 degrees and now he loves it enough to make a whole new series of Assist Me when his other Series of it are not even complete? This is the guy who got thousands of dollars on his birthday off of donations, and gets a lot on all of his regular streams. I think it safe to assume he really really likes donations
*sigh* If that's what you think, then whatever. If you wanna think that he's a money grabbing ***** and secretly hates Sm4sh, then whatever. At the end of the day, Max is NONE of those things and not the next Pewdiepie (Mind you, I barely know him. I only know what has been happening to him as of late.).

Anyways, I don't have the time to be arguing about your opinions on Max OR what you think his "true colors" are and neither do you! I can't do nothing about farts once it comes out. So I'm gonna deal with that fart. Conversation's over. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

GameFreak164X

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameFreak164X
3DS FC
3308-4878-1702
Those impressions from Max came from the E3 demo. We've heard that A LOT has changed since then, so there's a reason Max's opinion has changed about the game. He doesn't like Smash 4 just because he recieved some money.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
A thread that is ruined by arguments that involve a pichu in a way. Why does this feel familiar?

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
This should be funny. I'm most likely not gonna watch it for the lessons just the comedy like I did with his MvC3.

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
No. It wouldn't make sense for the man to say "No! God! Please! No!" just because of that opinion of him. Otherwise, Dust the baptist here will be saying that to EVERYTHING he does. Max is not awful and annoying in the slightest. He's a GREAT Youtuber, in my opinion!

But I digress. Again, it's no. Just him saying no about Sm4sh featuring on Assist Me. That's all. :ohwell:
I actually like Maximillian Dood i just don't like his smash videos, don't put words in my mouth @ The21stSmasher The21stSmasher . I love his killer instinct videos and his street fighter vids. I was just trying to be humorous and poke a little fun but it's nice to see that you don't have a sense of humor.
Again I LOVE MAXIMILLIAN DOOD PEOPLE, LOVE, NOT HATE, LOVE. HALLELUJAH HOLY S***.

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
I actually like Maximillian Dood i just don't like his smash videos, don't put words in my mouth @ The21stSmasher The21stSmasher . I love his killer instinct videos and his street fighter vids. I was just trying to be humorous and poke a little fun but it's nice to see that you don't have a sense of humor.
Again I LOVE MAXIMILLIAN DOOD PEOPLE, LOVE, NOT HATE, LOVE. HALLELUJAH HOLY S***.
I do gotta sense of humor, tbh. Just not for that "joke" you made as all. :ohwell:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Cool. Anyways, max just said it wasn't a tutorial on how to win. It's a tutorial for brawl players who are interested in smash 4, which I somewhat understand.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Uh, Max isn't exactly an expert on smash brothers compared to the rest of the fighting games he's played. I do wonder how this will turn out.
I'd imagine Simmons is helping Max extensively on this one, Max may not be an experienced Smasher but Simmonns is.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Maxilliand Prinny dood is amazing.

I learn a lot from him than other fighting game channel!
And is Rage and HYPE Compilation are really funny.

You should check out.
Is true that he is NEW to smash bros universe. But he can learn a lot by just playing. Like everyone else.

SPoitter

Interior Crocodile Aligator
Don't get your hopes up, he still has finished his other Assist Mes, tbh he's probably gonna stop at the other basics of the game since he specifically said he wouldn't go deep into the core mechanics

Top Bottom