• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchups

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
Yeah, quickly searched through the last htree pages of the forum, didn't find any like threads (unless I missed it or somethin). SO yeah, I just recently got my friends FC, and played him for 20 mins over wi-fi today (no time to play), and this is my first time playing a friend over wi-fi (not random people). So yeah, it turns out, his three mains are sonic, olimar, and snake. So, I barely lost against Olimar (stupid usmash), won by 2 stocks against snake, and lost via accidental aethercide to Sonic (both 1 stock, accidentally performed aethercide). So yeah, just wondering how these matchups are, from what I can tell:

Olimar: He has good priority like ike, but has projectiles (side b) and a long range smash, did I mention he's also like, one of the smallest characters in game? Yeah, I'm pretty sure Ike is a pretty bad matchup against Olimar.

Snake: He's got like three or four projectiles, and those stupid mines and c4s. However, his attacks seem to have comparable priority and power compared to Ikes, so because of the projectiles, think it's a pretty bad matchup as well.

Sonic: He has insane speed, and he's fricking annoying, can't pull off that many moves w/o being interrupted. He has low priority, but his attacks always seem to land first, so... not much a chance to hit him at all. He also has a good recovery (up+B is good, and it's really annoying how the spring always lands on my head). I'm guessing also a bad matchup (except for priority).

Any other bad matchups I should know of? Because I may need to get more secondaries in that case, I only have ZSS as a secondary so far.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
I beat two Snakes in Miami the other day, and this is how I did it:

1.) Win Game 1
2.) Lose Game 2
3.) Get assraped to a stock and a half disadvantage going into the last stock, enter berserker mode and somehow win the match with a 60% KO off the top at 130%, then throw your controller to the ground, rise to your feet, raise your arms to the heavens and unleash a warcry.

Real advice:

Nair kills all Pikmin around you, and is difficult to punish because of the no-lag. It literally creates a Pikmin graveyard.

The trick versus Sonic is to not be overwhelmed by the speed, since not a whole lot is actually happening.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I beat two Snakes in Miami the other day, and this is how I did it:

1.) Win Game 1
2.) Lose Game 2
3.) Get assraped to a stock and a half disadvantage going into the last stock, enter berserker mode and somehow win the match with a 60% KO off the top at 130%, then throw your controller to the ground, rise to your feet, raise your arms to the heavens and unleash a warcry.
^^^ Epic victory and victory pose/dance/w.e

Top Bottom