• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Re-Discussion: Peach

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
peachies will most likely be gettin killed by Nairs tho, it seems that pika has a hard time landing any of his smashes on peach so really watch the Nair.
That reminds me, is Pikachu's N-Air better than Peach's when it comes to terms of knockback and speed? I think Peach's has more range and Pikachu's comes out faster, but I'm not sure...

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
What I really dislike about Pikachu is that he's small so my usual tactic of OoS Turniping everything I can doesn't work as well, its the same with Kirby :( Fair is also more tricky to hit with due to Pikachu's size

Tbh I'd be repeating a lot of stuff thats been said if I tried to give some input, just play smart and be patient when it comes to punishing Peach, a defensive Peach will leave very few holes in her wall of attacks. Thunder is something Peach really has to be careful off because the timing of airdodging is so very strict. I can't remember if Toad would work better, need to check that out. All of Peach's aerials will cancel out thunder jolts just so you know (although I personally prefer to powershield them). Be wary if Peach is holding a Turnip, it'll allow her a quick getaway via a reverse Glide Toss or act to punish moves such as aerials or F Smash on her shield. DI up diagonally against her Fair and DI up out of her Dair. Peach will be expecting this so whether you DI left or right aswell as up is a guessing game because she will try and follow your DI if she can to finish off the Dair. Tbh I would use SH Dairs more than Floating Dairs vs Pikachu but thats my preferance

Stage wise, take her where you feel the most comfortable

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Pikachu isn't a tough matchup rather more of a annoying one. Pika's projectile is easily PS but because of how small he is it's difficult to land attacks. Peach's goto move will forever be dair and because of Pika's lack of a good shield it's quite easy for peach to put on that shield pressure. Tack on ground floats/grabs/and tunrips and peach will always be in pikachu's face.

However from my experience Pikachu's nair OoS HURTS Peach and she is very suspect to thunder due to her horrible fall speed and even more horrible air dodge. Pikachu should always be on the defensive against Peach. However Peach can mix up offense/defense at will. If a Peach carelessly pluck turnips near you Pika can just read it and run up for the usmash(I learned this the hard way) A offensive Peach is actually quite punishable for Pika but a defensive Peach is trouble. But like i said a good Peach will be mixing it up back and forth where as Pikachu can really only be defensive in this matchup.

Pikachu's recovery is quite punishable for peach. While pika is off stage i just throw 2 turnips in the air zcatch them throw them back up then pluck another one and throw it towards Pikachu. Now depending on if Pikachu used quick attack or not i'll either zcatch the turnip again or run backwards and jab/ground nair/sh dair/ whatever.

One thing Pikachu's should know is that most of Peach's options stop once you reach around 50-60% once in that range the knockback of peach's move are too much to follow up with anything else(Though remember glide toss turnip to jab to grab works at almost any percents.) So once u get to that range Pikachu actually is in control as all peach can do is camp turnips and bait Pika's move.

It's a pretty fun matchup when both chars actually are doing something. When it turns into a camp fest between both chars(Which it will) It gets boring fast. However i do think Peach has the advantage but im not really a top Peach to be judging.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Peach's goto move will forever be dair and because of Pika's lack of a good shield it's quite easy for peach to put on that shield pressure.
I think that a Pikachu who knows what he/she is doing isn't going to shield when we're floating. Pika's Dsmash wrecks aerial approaches. D:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I wouldn't say dsmash wrecks them..... it depends how high you're floating and how aggressive you're being. Pika's dsmash also isn't super fast + it has a ton of endlag, so you can get most of your aerials out before it starts...... or easily punish us if we preemptively dsmash and miss.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I think that a Pikachu who knows what he/she is doing isn't going to shield when we're floating. Pika's Dsmash wrecks aerial approaches. D:
Which is why sh dairs are way more useful in this matchup that floating dairs. I guess it depends on how aggressive u are. I never worry about pika's dsmash. It's utilt and nair OoS i have problems with.)You can bait it with zdropped turnips though.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't remember exactly what I wrote before, so if I repeat anything, my bad.

Peach is one of those matchups I think is even in theory but much more difficult than it seems in practice. She can camp equally as well as Pika or better (heavily dependent on the stage imo), and although she can't kill until late, she can rack damage really quickly when you're at low damage.

A defensively floating Peach with a turnip in hand is what you want to avoid at all costs. When she has the lead and a turnip, Pika doesn't have any solid approach on her, and her aerials all autocancel, so you won't have many ways to bait her into something punishable. If you rush in, you'll eat one of three things: a turnip, an aerial, or a jab.

Pika's small shield hurts him a lot in this matchup..... if it's getting low, don't be afraid to run away and plank for a bit; otherwise, Peach will quickly poke your shield with a combination of turnips and aerials.

Spacing is really, really important here. Generally, Peach's aerials beat Pika's, so you don't want to try going aerial vs. aerial with her..... instead, I find that using my ground game and OOS options works better. The best place to be against Peach is above her. Jolts are easier to harass her with from the high ground, and her uair isn't anything special...... FF fair works much better when you're coming from above. Dsmash, uair, utilt, and fair are all useful moves against Peach (I like usmash too in this MU, but that could just be me =X), but you must space and time them well, or you'll leave yourself open.

At low percentages, both characters can combo, but I think Peach does it better. At mid-high percentages, Peach becomes a one hit wonder, and Pika takes the advantage when it comes to damage racking and killing.

Mind you, just because we have more raw KO power doesn't mean it'll be easy to kill Peach..... it's really really hard to land a kill move on her if she knows what to watch out for. Thunder is your best bet if you can send her up high (her airdodge is garbage), but other than that, you'll have to rely on a well-timed usmash or nair. Fsmash probably won't do you much good since she won't be on the ground that close to you.

All Peach really has is fair to kill Pika. On stages with platforms, she can tech chase you into a sweetspotted usmash, but otherwise you have to pretty much fall into it for her to hit with that. Her fresh bair is moderately strong, but it won't kill unless you're near the edge and/or really high in damage. Her fsmashes aren't very strong, though they will kill at high damage, especially if you DI wrong.

Off-stage, Pika wins imo, although Peach can make it annoyingly difficult to get back to the ledge if you're predictable with your QA angles. SB is generally a bad idea against her since she can float out and punish it or drop turnips on you in a gimp attempt. Try to DI upwards so that she can't reach you. When she's off the stage..... thunder walls are your friend.

This MU tends to be a campfest with both characters throwing around projectiles, looking for a way to get in on the other. Aggressive Peach is easy if you have the lead, but defensive Peach is a nightmare if you're behind. Stage choice seems to matter a lot here..... ****ing up her float and giving yourself the ability to take the high ground should be your primary goals. Stages I like are Lylat, Frigate, CS, RC, and Norfair.

Ratio is 50:50 imo.

Top Bottom