• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Re-Discussion: Luigi

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If you completely miss, he can punish with a few things depending on where he is (in front of you/behind you/in the air). Fsmash has a lot of endlag.

But if you hit his shield with the tip of fsmash, I think shieldstun + his ridiculously low traction makes it safe on block.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, if you completely miss he will be able to punish, but you shouldn't be doing that anyway...D-tilt and T-jolt are all you should be doing in this match-up. Also, when you are off the level, fall down and thunder, which hits yourself, and then uair. They basically can't do anything to touch you. I was doing that to BigLou when I was pressured.

King~

Smash Champion
yup, just practice it

it works nicely vs luigis headbutt recovery(sans misfire of course, but sometimes you have to risk it all) and other pikachus

altairian

Smash Lord
You can thunder off the edge without fast falling?
I cheat and always jump before thunders, but yeah if you do like a down-tilt-b rather than smashing down and hitting b, you won't fastfall. Play snake for a day and you'll get it down real fast or get 3 stocked a whole lot :p

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I actually meant fall down, DJ thunder so that you are still going to be below the level, then Uair if they go to close. If not, just QA back.

BakaJuice

Smash Apprentice
I've found that if you jab a luigi as he recovers from low with his tornado, it cancels out the move and the momentum. If he's still pressing b or a or w/e they use to do tornado, they will restart the move with no momentum, and fall past up-b range before the cooldown is done. Dunno if people knew about this or not, so I thought I'd throw it in.

Top Bottom