• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Chart Project 2015 - Calling Wii Fit Trainer Mains!

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Hello Wii Fit Trainer boards,

I'm Zareidriel. Over in this thread a guy called Assassannerr made a matchup chart, and asked people to help fill it out. It seems like it would be a cool thing to have. With once glance you could have a rough idea of a matchup. It won't be perfect, but for our first go at it in 2015 we're aiming for "somewhat functional."

So here's what I'm going to do. Go to every Character Discussion board, and ask the folks there if they wouldn't mind contributing. To submit one vote, you'll have to fill out one of these:

////////////******
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Captain Falcon
Charizard
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Duck Hunt
Falco
Fox
Mr. Game & Watch
Ganondorf
Greninja
Ike
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Kirby
Link
Little Mac
Lucario
Luigi
Mario
Dr. Mario
Marth
Lucina
Metaknight
Ness
Olimar
Palutena
Pikachu
Pit & Dark Pit
Peach
Zelda
R.O.B.
Robin
Rosalina
Samus
Sheik
Shulk
Toon Link
Villager
Wario
Wii Fit Trainer
Yoshi
Zero Suit Samus
Megaman
Pacman
Sonic
Ryu
Roy
Mewtwo
Lucas
Brawler
Swordfighter
Gunner
******//////////

Mark each character with a + for a match where Wii Fit Trainer HAS THE ADVANTAGE
Mark each character with a - for a match where Wii Fit Trainer HAS THE DISADVANTAGE
Mark each character with a number 0 for a match you feel is very even.

NOTE THAT I AM ONLY TAKING VOTES FROM MEMBERS WITH Wii Fit Trainer IN THEIR PROFILE BAR. It can be as either "Wii U Main" or "3DS Main". But if Wii Fit Trainer is in neither one of those slots when I count the votes on Friday, Nov 13, it won't be counted.

(Yes, for the avid democrats out there, that means you can vote for one other character as well.)

Like I said, they won't be perfect, and each board will probably be a little biased toward their own respective character. But the results should be interesting regardless.

If this thing is successful maybe we'll do a revised version in 2016.

Thanks very much for participating! We need as many votes as possible for each character so please submit a ballot!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I wish you would at least have a distinction for light/heavy dis/advantages, but still. Matchup charts are cooooool.

Also you should separate the Pits, because a FEW matchups play out slighty differently between the two of them, most notably Rosalina.

ALSO you should specify whether or not Mii Fighters have access to all of their Special moves, because a LOT of matchups play out very differently depending on this.

+ Bowser
0 Bowser Jr
0 Captain Falcon
+ Charizard
- Diddy Kong
0 Donkey Kong
0 Duck Hunt
- Falco
- Fox
- Mr. Game & Watch
+ Ganondorf
0 Greninja
+ Ike
+ Jigglypuff
+ King Dedede
- Kirby
0 Link
+ Little Mac
0 Lucario
0 Luigi
- Mario
- Dr. Mario
0 Marth
0 Lucina
0 Metaknight
- Ness
- Olimar
+ Palutena
0 Pikachu
- Pit & Dark Pit
+ Peach
+ Zelda
0 R.O.B.
+ Robin
0 Rosalina
0 Samus
- Sheik
+ Shulk
0 Toon Link
- Villager
0 Wario
0 Wii Fit Trainer
0 Yoshi
0 Zero Suit Samus
+ Megaman
0 Pacman
0 Sonic
0 Ryu
0 Roy
+ Mewtwo
0 Lucas
0 Brawler (if he has access to all Specials, otherwise +)
+ Swordfighter
- Gunner (if she has access to all Specials, otherwise 0)

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Bowser +
Bowser Jr 0
Captain Falcon 0
Charizard +
Diddy Kong 0
Donkey Kong +
Duck Hunt 0
Falco -
Fox -
Mr. Game & Watch 0
Ganondorf +
Greninja 0
Ike 0
Jigglypuff -
King Dedede +
Kirby -
Link +
Little Mac -
Lucario -
Luigi 0
Mario -
Dr. Mario +
Marth 0
Lucina +
Metaknight 0
Ness -
Olimar -
Palutena 0
Pikachu -
Pit & Dark Pit +
Peach 0
Zelda +
R.O.B. +
Robin +
Rosalina -
Samus 0
Sheik -
Shulk 0
Toon Link 0
Villager -
Wario -
Wii Fit Trainer 0
Yoshi -
Zero Suit Samus -
Megaman 0
Pacman 0
Sonic -
Ryu +
Roy 0
Mewtwo +
Lucas -
Brawler 0 without specials / - with specials
Swordfighter +
Gunner 0 without specials / - with specials

I hope I helped!

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
0 Bowser (Was +)
0 Bowser Jr
0 Captain Falcon
+ Charizard
0 Diddy Kong
0 Donkey Kong
0 Duck Hunt
- Falco
- Fox
- Mr. Game & Watch
+ Ganondorf
0 Greninja (Was +)
+ Ike
0 Jigglypuff
+ King Dedede
- Kirby
0 Link
+ Little Mac
0 Lucario (Was +)
0 Luigi
- Mario
0 Dr. Mario
0 Marth
0 Lucina
- Metaknight
- Ness
- Olimar
+ Palutena
- Pikachu
- Pit & Dark Pit
0 Peach (Was +)
+ Zelda
0 R.O.B. (Was +)
+ Robin
0 Rosalina
0 Samus
- Sheik
+ Shulk
- Toon Link (Was 0)
- Villager
0 Wario
Wii Fit Trainer
0 Yoshi
0 Zero Suit Samus
0 Megaman
0 Pacman (Was +)
0 Sonic
+ Ryu
0 Roy
0 Mewtwo
- Lucas
+ Brawler without customs, - with. (Was 0 before with customs.)
+ Swordfighter without customs, 0 with.
0 Gunner with and without customs.

Some were hard to decide, but I'm fine with this.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I'll put the names of high/top level people I've played who used the respective character.
  1. Bowser 0
    Bowser Jr 0
    Captain Falcon - (TearBear) Best Falcon in SoCal.
    Charizard +
    Diddy Kong - (Zero, Tyrant, K9, Jtails)
    Donkey Kong 0 (DKWill)
    Duck Hunt 0 (ImHip) Best DuckHunt in SoCal.
    Falco 0
    Fox -
    Mr. Game & Watch -
    Ganondorf +
    Greninja -
    Ike 0 (San) One of the best Ike's in the US.
    Jigglypuff 0
    King Dedede 0
    Kirby -
    Link 0 (Scizor) Best Link in SoCal.
    Little Mac 0
    Lucario 0 (Day) Best Lucario in Florida I believe.
    Luigi 0
    Mario - (Zenyou) Best Mario in the US.
    Dr. Mario -
    Marth 0 (Nicko Bonilla) Best Marth in SoCal.
    Lucina 0 (Nicko Bonilla)
    Metaknight -
    Ness - (F0W)
    Olimar - (Dabuz, Rich Brown, and ImHip)
    Palutena 0 (TLTC) Best Palutena in US(debatable between him and AeroLink) I also played against AeroLink.
    Pikachu - (Z) Best Pikachu in Nevada #2 PR.
    Pit & Dark Pit 0 (KiraFlax) Best Pit in SoCal.
    Peach - (Slayerz) Best Peach in the US.
    Zelda 0
    R.O.B. 0
    Robin +
    Rosalina - (Dabuz)
    Samus 0 (Jonny Westside) Best Samus in the West Coast.
    Sheik - (Zero, Vinnie, VoiD)
    Shulk 0
    Toon Link - (Zeyan) Best Toon Link in the US.
    Villager - (Shane Bruce) Best Villager in Arizona and he got top 32 at EVO with Villager.
    Wario 0
    Wii Fit Trainer 0 (TKBreezy, AceStar)
    Yoshi -
    Zero Suit Samus 0
    Megaman 0 (Styles) Popular Megaman player from Canada.
    Pacman 0
    Sonic - (6wx) One of the best Sonics in the US.
    Ryu 0
    Roy 0
    Mewtwo 0
    Lucas -
    Brawler - without specials / 0 with specials
    Swordfighter 0 without specials / 0 with specials
    Gunner 0 without specials / - with specials (San) One of the best Mii Gunners in the US.
If you disagree with any, feel free to why you feel mine is faulty. I've gotten to play against some of the best with ech character, so I know how the Mu goes.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wii Twerk Trainer Wii Twerk Trainer the only thing that stands out to me is that you only put Charizard, Ganondorf, and Robin as MU's Wii Fit has the advantage. Most characters are even with her, but I feel that there's more characters she has the advantage over, like Ryu.
We can outspace and outspeed him on the found and air. He has better combos/ways to rack up damage and better kill potential, but it's difficult for him to even get near Wii Fit. His only projectile is a pretty weak one, and it's also slow. He also has a somewhat large frame and is heavier than average, so we can combo him easily if we need to be up close.
Also our jab instantly kills him, at least on For Glory. :p

Last edited:

Krisspear

Smash Rookie
+Bowser
-Bowser Jr
+Captain Falcon
+Charizard
+Diddy Kong
-Donkey Kong
-Duck Hunt
0Falco
+Fox
0Mr. Game & Watch
+Ganondorf
0Greninja
+Ike
0Jigglypuff
+King Dedede
0Kirby
0Link
-Little Mac
-Lucario
0Luigi
+Mario
+Dr. Mario
+Marth
+Lucina
+Metaknight
-Ness
-Olimar
0Palutena
-Pikachu
0Pit & Dark Pit
0Peach
0Zelda
-R.O.B.
+Robin
-Rosalina
0Samus
+Sheik
+Shulk
-Toon Link
-Villager
-Wario
0Wii Fit Trainer
-Yoshi
-Zero Suit Samus
+Megaman
+Pacman
-Sonic
-Ryu
+Roy
+Mewtwo
0Lucas
+Brawler
+Swordfighter
+Gunner

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Wii Twerk Trainer Wii Twerk Trainer the only thing that stands out to me is that you only put Charizard, Ganondorf, and Robin as MU's Wii Fit has the advantage. Most characters are even with her, but I feel that there's more characters she has the advantage over, like Ryu.
We can outspace and outspeed him on the found and air. He has better combos/ways to rack up damage and better kill potential, but it's difficult for him to even get near Wii Fit. His only projectile is a pretty weak one, and it's also slow. He also has a somewhat large frame and is heavier than average, so we can combo him easily if we need to be up close.
Also our jab instantly kills him, at least on For Glory. :p
He easily out ranges and out priorities us. We may be able to run away and duck a lot of stuff, but he still does way better in neutral and his aerials out beat ours. Our best bet is playing against a aggressive Ryu, cause a defensive one is extremely difficult for Wii fit trainer. It's about even, cause we may have cute stuff against him, but all he needs is a few hits and we are dead. MU is similar to DOnkey Kong.

+Bowser
-Bowser Jr
+Captain Falcon
+Charizard
+Diddy Kong
-Donkey Kong
-Duck Hunt
0Falco
+Fox
0Mr. Game & Watch
+Ganondorf
0Greninja
+Ike
0Jigglypuff
+King Dedede
0Kirby
0Link
-Little Mac
-Lucario
0Luigi
+Mario
+Dr. Mario
+Marth
+Lucina
+Metaknight
-Ness
-Olimar
0Palutena
-Pikachu
0Pit & Dark Pit
0Peach
0Zelda
-R.O.B.
+Robin
-Rosalina
0Samus
+Sheik
+Shulk
-Toon Link
-Villager
-Wario
0Wii Fit Trainer
-Yoshi
-Zero Suit Samus
+Megaman
+Pacman
-Sonic
-Ryu
+Roy
+Mewtwo
0Lucas
+Brawler
+Swordfighter
+Gunner
Not to be mean, but you put so many pluses on MU's that Wii fit struggles in. How does Wii Fit have the advantage vs Sheik, Pac Man, Megaman, Diddy, Mk and others?

TC should really only be accepting the input from Wii Fit mains who attend tournaments or have the luxury of playing many top players.

I hate sounding like an elitist(I really do), but only ones who have the most cast knowledge is JohnNumbers and I, cause we are the only ones who have representing Wii Fit at a top playing field.

Again, I'm sorry to everyone here for sounding like an elitist prick, but having anyone give Input about Wii Fit Mu isn't really the brightest thing to do. You'll have results like Peach, Sheik, DK, Pac Man, Mii Gunner, etc being at a apparent disadvantage vs Wii Fit. I literally have MU experience vs all the characters of this game with Wii Fit and what and what not to do vs specific characters.

I apologize in advance for offending anyone(which I most likely did).

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well, we have until the end of the day, why not deliberate a little bit?

Last edited:

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
I realize that I'm too late but I'll fill it out anyways. It's up to you if you want to count it I suppose...

+Bowser+
-Bowser Jr-
+Captain Falcon+
+Charizard+
-Diddy Kong-
+Donkey Kong+
0Duck Hunt0
-Falco-
-Fox-
+Mr. Game & Watch+
+Ganondorf+
0Greninja0
0Ike0
+Jigglypuff+
+King Dedede+
+Kirby+
+Link+
-Little Mac-
?Lucario?
0Luigi0
-Mario-
-Dr. Mario-
+Marth+
+Lucina+
+Metaknight+
-Ness-
-Olimar-
+Palutena+
-Pikachu-
-Pit & Dark Pit-
-Peach-
+Zelda+
-R.O.B.-
+Robin+
-Rosalina-
+Samus+
-Sheik-
0Shulk0
0Toon Link0
-Villager-
0Wario0
0Wii Fit Trainer0
-Yoshi-
-Zero Suit Samus-
0Megaman0
+Pacman+
0Sonic0
-Ryu-
0Roy0
+Mewtwo+
-Lucas-
?Brawler?
?Swordfighter?
?Gunner?

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
-Ryu snip-
I think I said this before, but priority doesn't really exist in Smash 4. The closest thing applicable relates to damage which no one pound-for-pound out does WFT. Which means you really only have to ever worry about range and startup time when dealing with other characters.

Ryu does not do better in neutral in the slightest. We win long range free, his best tools in mid range are gambles that lose to basic footsies. Same goes for up close, only his reward is increased dramatically.

WFT hits harder in comparison on everything that isn't a command normal and punishes just as if not harder. Ryu has better aerial footsies, aerial on shield safety, and safer transition into optimal punishes but that's it.

WFT can control the pace of this MU just as well as she would vs ZSS only without the bs of flip jump. If you think this is even, then ZSS is a slight disadvantage.

-dissenting opinion snip-
It's worth noting that different playstyles will give you very different opinions and as a character who's optimal playstyle hasn't been discovered, it might prove very beneficial to get input from everyone. This is especially the case considering no one uses all of her tools we know about.

That said, I kind of agree with only taking input for the global MU chart from Twerk and Numbers, if only because other boards idea of the MU (and WFT's current tier placement for that matter) will be based on how they'd fare against the playstyle shown by these two rather than aggressive styles like Waveguider (who makes the Mario MU look even rather than disadvantaged) or myself who's more footsies orientated (which makes the Robin MU look even rather than advantaged).

Last edited:

Krisspear

Smash Rookie
Not to be mean, but you put so many pluses on MU's that Wii fit struggles in. How does Wii Fit have the advantage vs Sheik, Pac Man, Megaman, Diddy, Mk and others?

TC should really only be accepting the input from Wii Fit mains who attend tournaments or have the luxury of playing many top players.

I hate sounding like an elitist(I really do), but only ones who have the most cast knowledge is JohnNumbers and I, cause we are the only ones who have representing Wii Fit at a top playing field.

Again, I'm sorry to everyone here for sounding like an elitist prick, but having anyone give Input about Wii Fit Mu isn't really the brightest thing to do. You'll have results like Peach, Sheik, DK, Pac Man, Mii Gunner, etc being at a apparent disadvantage vs Wii Fit. I literally have MU experience vs all the characters of this game with Wii Fit and what and what not to do vs specific characters.

I apologize in advance for offending anyone(which I most likely did).
Generally wii fit has the luxury of using great projectiles, surviving long with a medium weight and insane recovery, while at the same time having great aerial mobility, aerials and quick kills from deep breathing.

Sheik wins the beginnign and racks up percent, but stuggles killing wii fit. WFT Racks up percentege quickly with suns, balls, throws and spaced aerials and kills early after a deep breathing. (I realize this might be a streche as to how overrated sheik typically is, but at least for MY excperience speaking as a midlevel player having atended a 50+ tounemants, sheik is not a problem)

Pac man is just a bad character. WFTs projectiles and mobility is superior.

Megaman might be even, but too struggles with killing wft, while wft easily kills him.

Diddy is faster on the greounf, but gets walled out by WFTs projectiles. Picking up and holding in to his banana peel removes half his game. WFT up b is great at gimping Diddys up B.

MK gets destroyed by wii fit as long as she doesnt get get herself juggled or spaces porly. Projectiles to wall him out, deep breathing to a spaced forward tilt kill punish. I guess smarter MKs would just run away for 7 seconds, and if that is the case at top level play, I can see the struggle wii fit has with all the faster charachters.

Last edited:

Krisspear

Smash Rookie
I literally have MU experience vs all the characters of this game with Wii Fit and what and what not to do vs specific characters.
Have you made any matchup guides, yet? How does WFT deal with characters that has superior projectile game like Toon Link and Olimar? I guess spacing is really important, but it seems like you are never safe as they always have something to hit you with if you stay away. And if you get close youll just get downsmashed or grabbed.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Generally wii fit has the luxury of using great projectiles, surviving long with a medium weight and insane recovery, while at the same time having great aerial mobility, aerials and quick kills from deep breathing.

Sheik wins the beginnign and racks up percent, but stuggles killing wii fit. WFT Racks up percentege quickly with suns, balls, throws and spaced aerials and kills early after a deep breathing. (I realize this might be a streche as to how overrated sheik typically is, but at least for MY excperience speaking as a midlevel player having atended a 50+ tounemants, sheik is not a problem)

Pac man is just a bad character. WFTs projectiles and mobility is superior.

Megaman might be even, but too struggles with killing wft, while wft easily kills him.

Diddy is faster on the greounf, but gets walled out by WFTs projectiles. Picking up and holding in to his banana peel removes half his game. WFT up b is great at gimping Diddys up B.

MK gets destroyed by wii fit as long as she doesnt get get herself juggled or spaces porly. Projectiles to wall him out, deep breathing to a spaced forward tilt kill punish. I guess smarter MKs would just run away for 7 seconds, and if that is the case at top level play, I can see the struggle wii fit has with all the faster charachters.
Wii Fit can live long and kill early, but Sheik still has the advantage. A patient sheik will always destroy Wii fits options. Needles reflect the ball back at you when used near the ledge, fair shuts us down, sheik can challenge us off stage if she's careful about it. As long as sheik plays defensive, she wins easily. I've gotten to play against zero, Vinnie, and voids sheik many times. I only lose to top level sheiks really, but destroy non top level sheiks. Sheik still wins the MU.

Lmao How the heck is Pac man a bad character? Abadango nd Kage are literally getting great placing so withthwm. Better than Wii fit actually. Patient pac mans is a huge and long match for Wii fit. Again, aggro pac mans are piss easy, but a smart and defensive pac man makes the battle very long. Smart pad mans will know how to item drop shenanigans, his Nair, back air are pretty disjointed, and his side b can eat through our projectiles as a shield. Pack man can also hydrant us from above, when used carefully and will never recklessly place hydrants on the stage against us. I dunno if you've ever played a skilled pac man, cause that MU is not in our favor. I dunno why people on here keep saying that.

How do we easily kill Megaman? Mega and pellets shut us down pretty badly and all we have to penetrate pellets is full charged sun salutation. He can zone use out pretty easily and is extremely difficult playing against a patient Megaman. Back air is disjointed and can kill us at low percents. Part of me wants to say the MU is in megamans favor, cause it's extremely frustrating playing against a smart and patient Megaman.

How does Diddy get walled out? Power shield exists. He destroys us in the neutral badly. Ya, we have offstage game, but outside of that. Diddy dominates against Wii fit. He out ranges us badly and is a lot faster. Because picking up Diddy banana ruins him right? They will still use it against you, cause a smart Diddy won't care if you have his banana. Easy punish for him. Diddy wins easily.

Lol MK gets destroyed? How? MK destroys Wii fit off stage and does better in the neutral than us. He can also kill us with shuttle up air jank easily. He can easily power shield our projectiles. He's light and easy to kill, but he still has a lot of options against us.

Against Toon Link and Mii Gunner, I just keep a full charged sun at all times and evade their barrage of projectiles, until an opening is available and punish accordingly. Vs Olimar... That battle is horrendous. There's not much Wii fit can do. I am forced to go aggro against him and do spaced nairs and hope it catches him. Him being small makes it even worse.

I've gotten to play against the best of the best with these characters and know the MU's well enough. Wii Fit is a very flawed character and many people on this board tends to "oversell" her/him sadly. I'll still use him along with Mii Gunner, but I don't have much hope for a character with several weaknesses.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Since I main both :4megaman: and :4wiifitm: I'm kinda curious about this...

Wii Twerk Trainer Wii Twerk Trainer and John12346 John12346 disagree on this matchup, but I notice WiiTwerk is not asking JohnNumbers why he disagrees... I mostly play on FG so I don't claim to be any sort of authority, but I usually have found WFT an easy matchup as Mega Man, but maybe it requires a strong crouch game to really press WFT's advantages against MM? If WFT is not crouching, he's a relatively tall target making there a big variance between his ability to crouch many of MM's projectiles but alternatively being easy to hit if he's standing. Still, when in the air, WFT is not a small target.

WiiTwerk, you seem to be very quick to point to your tournament results when a less accomplished player disagrees, but I don't see you displaying any interest in why JohnNumbers doesn't agree with all your opinions. Shouldn't you be interested in discussing with him, seeing as he has (I think) even more impressive tournament results than you? Instead you seem more interested in shutting down "unworthy" players whenever they express contrary opinions (while protesting that you don't enjoy being an elitist). Although I certainly agree that Krisspear doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, this is something that annoys me a little bit about your behavior on this board.

Since your biggest disagreement is about Peach, I'd also be interested in knowing why you think it's a bad matchup while John thinks it's an advantageous one.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Since I main both :4megaman: and :4wiifitm: I'm kinda curious about this...

Wii Twerk Trainer Wii Twerk Trainer and John12346 John12346 disagree on this matchup, but I notice WiiTwerk is not asking JohnNumbers why he disagrees... I mostly play on FG so I don't claim to be any sort of authority, but I usually have found WFT an easy matchup as Mega Man, but maybe it requires a strong crouch game to really press WFT's advantages against MM? If WFT is not crouching, he's a relatively tall target making there a big variance between his ability to crouch many of MM's projectiles but alternatively being easy to hit if he's standing. Still, when in the air, WFT is not a small target.

WiiTwerk, you seem to be very quick to point to your tournament results when a less accomplished player disagrees, but I don't see you displaying any interest in why JohnNumbers doesn't agree with all your opinions. Shouldn't you be interested in discussing with him, seeing as he has (I think) even more impressive tournament results than you? Instead you seem more interested in shutting down "unworthy" players whenever they express contrary opinions (while protesting that you don't enjoy being an elitist). Although I certainly agree that Krisspear doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, this is something that annoys me a little bit about your behavior on this board.

Since your biggest disagreement is about Peach, I'd also be interested in knowing why you think it's a bad matchup while John thinks it's an advantageous one.
Because when you get constant messages about how "wrong" I'm using Wii Fit and how there are "better" ways, it gets rather annoying very fast. If someone has a lot of offline results and get to play many great players offline, they can gloat all they want honestly. I respect JohnNumbers for his lively Wii Fit and never have I considered him any less than me. I'm not as active, but I know John is getting better results right now and I'm happy for that. I do respect 9ball and others who have helped with the Wii Fit data base. When you have mostly wifi and non touenammets people give input for Wii Fit. It isn't gonna be very good. Wii Fit does better on wifi, for the fact that it's more difficult to power shield his/her projectiles and rolling is even better on wifi. Offline, non of that stuff isn't as effective. I'm gonna sound like a d***, but I already mastered this character, to the point that I know every MU and what not to do to have the upper hand. I really don't need any input since I already know what Wii Fit can do, unless it's from someone of a high caliber like JohnNumbers, since he's the only other high level player on here. Every other high level player thinks like this. They just aren't as blunt as me about it. I never was like this, but Wii fit mains kinda made me like this with their arrogant attitude. They come ask me for tips, I help and then they always tell me my way is flawed and isn't their style, yet my way is doing great, while theirs isn't.

For Peach, I did mention that I get to play Slayerz alot(he's the best peach in the us). Peach out ranges us badly. She can also float glide low near the ledge and down air us before we recover. Her kicks will hit the ball back, if we try to side b. We are also combo fodder to her. We do get an MU advantage offstage, but she easily wins onstage. MU is definitely winable, it's just super annoying, since her float shannigans really hurt us.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
When you have mostly wifi and non touenammets people give input for Wii Fit. It isn't gonna be very good.
I wasn't talking about that. It was about how you picked the person that pretty much everyone can see doesn't know what he's talking about and dedicated your posts on this thread to calling him out for his scrubness. And I've seen similar behavior elsewhere. Which is fine, but it doesn't seem particularly valuable discussion.
I'm gonna sound like a d***, but I already mastered this character, to the point that I know every MU and what not to do to have the upper hand. I really don't need any input since I already know what Wii Fit can do
Right, and I'm "going to sound like a d***", but if you're not the #1 WFT in the world, then you clearly haven't completely mastered this character.

(Not that being #1 necessarily requires total mastery either.)

What annoys me is that you talk about how only the top players have something to contribute but you don't seem to be interested in doing anything but putting down the people who you don't think are worthy of contributing instead of trying to move the discussion forward with the people you do think have insight. You could've made a similar post arguing with John about the cases where you disagreed, but you picked the most scrub person to argue about the cases where he was most obviously wrong... I'd just rather be reading something else, is all.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'm gonna try to avoid that touchy topic going on above my head lol

For both Mega Man and Peach, I literally just run away and charge up Suns before going in (and by "going in" I mean passive-aggressively spacing from one car length away). For Mega Man, you can just crouch and then fire it on reaction to any of his non-lemon projectiles (you can also just fire it if you preemptively predict lemons), and for Peach, you can constantly threaten her with Bairs and the Sun, which severely restricts her ability to space you with float. Of course, that's just a really crude depiction of the matches go, but you can seal off a good portion of both characters' moves and get your own gameplan started in these matchups.

Also, both characters have a really hard time landing the kill on us, because their primary kill options are not reliable on Wii Fit if she's watching for them, and they lack the ability to edgeguard us properly.

With that said, though, I could understand how Mega Man could be a 0, since he has some other tricks up his sleeve, but we are definitely + against Peach.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
+Bowser
-Bowser Jr
+Captain Falcon
+Charizard

-Diddy Kong
-Donkey Kong
-Duck Hunt
-Falco
-Fox

0Mr. Game & Watch
-Ganondorf
-Greninja

0Ike
0Jigglypuff
+King Dedede
-Kirby
-Link
-Little Mac
-Lucario
-Luigi
-Mario
-Dr. Mario
-Marth

0Lucina
+Meta Knight
-Ness
-Olimar

0Palutena
-Pikachu
0Pit & Dark Pit
-Peach
0Zelda
0R.O.B.
+Robin
-Rosalina
-Samus
-Sheik

+Shulk
-Toon Link
-Villager
-Wario

0Wii Fit Trainer
+Yoshi
0Zero Suit Samus
0Megaman
+Pacman
0Sonic
-Ryu
-Roy
-Mewtwo
-Lucas

+Brawler (depends on the build)
+Swordfighter

0Gunner

My matchup spread mostly agrees with Twerk's. This is based on my experience with fighting these characters as well as seeing gameplay from top and high level players like Twerk and John. In my opinion, matchups where Wii Fit Trainer is forced to run away are ones that he at least slightly loses, such as those vs. Sheik, Diddy Kong, and Ryu. That said, I think Peach and Roy are difficult matchups. For Peach I don't really find WFT's anti-air game very effective since it gets stuffed and outranged by her b&b aerials (d-air and f-air). Roy is like Mario with a bit more range and better mobility, and as a result is just as difficult to deal with as Marth and Lucina. I put Ganondorf as a disadvantage because he outranges WFT and the shieldstun adjustments make his moves (especially f-air) safer on WFT's shield. Our combos only feed him rage and we usually end up being forced to turtle even if we're only at 50%. Lucas is a disadvantageous MU because z-air and PSI magnet stop WFT's gameplan cold and Lucas to top it all off has better frame data, not to mention combos that we have trouble escaping. In my opinion Lucas is worse than Ness. Dr. Mario is a disadvantageous MU because, well, he's Mario with a lower-reaching b-air and better damage output. We can't really abuse his slow movement with retreating because he has cape to deal with Sun Salutation and his own projectile in pills to force an approach. Mewtwo is a disadvantage because of his better range and that stupid side B that invalidates our projectile game, our only salvation is his large frame with which n-air combos flow very well into kill percentages.

Additionally, as someone who duel mains WFT and ROB I can vouch for the ROB MU being even, having played against both characters as both characters.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm looking back at my chart and I don't know why I put some matches as they are. XD
Gonna go change it even if they aren't taking results for the chart anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom