• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup advice.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
I am a Link player.

I went up against a top-level Roy main, and needless to say, I will need help in the matchup.

I went over in my head all the things that led to lost stocks.

His Roy combos are insane, his reads are on a god level, his neutral is really good.

I noticed that a lot of me getting hit involves me not being able to be near Roy because his CC is so strong.

And once Roy gets a hit, I kind of have to eat it for the rest of the stock.

So my question is simple.

What do I do to play around Roy's CC?

He can get around my projectile game and my safe moves with CC until around 50 or so, making it hard to fight him.

Thanks ahead of time.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I'll assume you played Sethlon, because there is no other top-level Roy main.

To beat CC, grab. I would need a video to provide any more specific advice.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
I'll assume you played Sethlon, because there is no other top-level Roy main.

To beat CC, grab. I would need a video to provide any more specific advice.
I promise you, Sethlon is not the only top-level Roy.

But grabbing as Link is not always a good idea.

If Link's grab wasn't the way it was, I wouldn't have this problem. (Or rather, the problem wouldn't be so prevalent. lol)

Last edited:

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
I promise you, Sethlon is not the only top-level Roy.

But grabbing as Link is not always a good idea.

If Link's grab wasn't the way it was, I wouldn't have this problem. (Or rather, the problem wouldn't be so prevalent. lol)
I can agree with this, but Odds was saying Roy MAIN. I can't think of another ROY MAIN. However, Emukiller has a Roy as well that's almost as good as Sethlon's. That's just one example.

Last edited:

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
I can agree with this, but Odds was saying Roy MAIN. I can't think of another ROY MAIN. However, Emukiller has a Roy as well that's almost as good as Sethlon's. That's just one example.
Ryo from Florida.

He is insanely good.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I'll watch his games, thanks! :D

Edit: has he gotten WAAAAAY better in the last month or two? The most recent video I could find was really unimpressive.

Last edited:

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
I'll watch his games, thanks! :D

Edit: has he gotten WAAAAAY better in the last month or two? The most recent video I could find was really unimpressive.
I was thinking the same. I couldn't find anything recentish. He's great, but I wouldn't say top-level per say.

Top Bottom