• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Ups

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
How does Jiggs fair against Peach, Samus, and Luigi? The battle seems... iffy. Probally been discused, but would like to know. ^_^

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Against peach the down smash is not that effective because jiggly players don't CC peach eVVVVVVEEEERRRRR. The good thing about that is that it takes out the best aspect of peaches game. IF she down smashes jump and bair her then follow up. With edge guarding if she goes high then best plan of action is let her get back on and try to set up for moves when she lands. IF she iow you have much more options just stay bellow the umbrella it will screw you up. About even when both players have same skill.

Against samus it is an arial batttle. Use Jigglys DI to your advantage. What i mean is samus loves the shaq foot(nair) get them to pull it out then DI away. Samus recovers quick and this is usually what comes out when you are trying to combo so somtimes just lay back then jump over the foot and bair. When samus is recovering jump into the bombs try to get hit by samus bumbs and just mix things up out there if you can try to get a bair off after taking one of the bomb jumps, but just being out there makes samus players unhappy. Pound the missles when close to samus it will go through the missle and hit samus this works real well for me. ADVANTAGE Jiggly but it will be a long battle.

Luigi i have only playe n00b luigis so i really can't help you there but i know good luigis like wave dash Ftilt and dsmash Also nair as super priority and like samus luigi is has a very fast recovery. if you up tilt hold shield cause most likely they will fall with a nair. grab and throw them. if they misfire and are land on the stage dash rest don't SH cause you might miss i had best luck with dash rest. Also this is going to be a long match cause jiggly tends to hit him up high so he can recover easy because of is unusual recovery. IF he is low forget about it the suckers dead. Advantage Jiggly but also can tend to be a long match.

Actually to think about it they are all going to be long matches peach jiggly is proabally going to be the longest. I played a peach at the last tourney and it was an 8 min match and we had 30 seconds left.

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the advice. ^_^

I just wanted to know if Jiggs had the advantage/disadvantage, but everything you wrote helps me. I know they're long matches, but I wondered how they'd do.

Zone

Smash Champion
I know one thing about Jiggly vs Samus recently. You can Back-air--> Into Down+B (Probably DI based? definantly dmg'd based).

I'm only a casual Jigglypuff player, I killed my friend's Samus with 2 Back airs to Down+B. (He may have crouch canceled, But all Samus' do that cuz her Crouch cancel is mean).

I think the Jiggly vs Samus can be pretty even, But mostly in Samus' favor imo. She's just too floaty to do repeated up-airs. I just do spam back air and dash away to make his miss and back air again, and Duck her missiles. >.>; (If ur low dmg sometimes they dash attack after missile and after they hit you, you can Down+B her dash attack)

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Peach has the advantage over Jigglypuff. Turnips and getting KOs are problems.

I'd say Samus is pretty even. Some good advice I read was shield more often, because Samus' grab is slow and a miss is a rest.

I'd guess Jiggly does well against Luigi, because you can destroy his recovery easily and nobody can combo Luigi - but Jiggs isn't so combo based anyway.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
More about Jiggly vs Luigi...this can also be a very aerial battle. Do not let Luigi get close in the air, his aerials are very quick, with lots of priority and kill power. Luigi's aerials kill Jigglypuff very quickly, especially dair. If you are going up against a fast Luigi player who wavedashes around a lot, he can be very hard to keep up with. Watch out for wavesmashes and wavetilts. Just be patient, you can hit him with a well-timed fair, bair, ftilt or uair. Even pound. An option I use less often is to nair and he might run into it and get stopped. He's pretty easy to edgeguard of course, but BE CAREFUL when he is using his side B. Not only because of a possible misfire, but because you may take damage from his side b while trying to hit him. Try to hit him when he's not using side B, or just time it very well. Bairs and nairs can mess up his recovery. (Of course :) ) If you are a risk taker, you can jump out and purposely get hit by his side B so he doesn't advance toward the stage. Keep in mind that a misfire can happen at any moment though.

Zone

Smash Champion
I'd say Samus is pretty even. Some good advice I read was shield more often, because Samus' grab is slow and a miss is a rest.

Haha, thanks for that piece of Information. Didn't even think of that. I'll surely try and bait my opponent into trying to grab more as samus. Prolly link To.

Thanks.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
Well, IMO Samus is an easy match-up. When Samus tries to grab, jump over it and punish her. Also, for Samus, I like to f-smash alot.

I can't help you when it comes to peach, for I have never faced off against a human peach with Jigglypuff.

For Luigi, I like to get him off the edge and edgeguard with D-smash.

Hope I helped you

Top Bottom