• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-up Help: Ness vs. Olimar

ZutoChokw

Smash Rookie
Me and my brother play brawl a lot together, and we have fun. I need some help though. His main character is Olimar, and my main is Ness. He usually beats me with this match-up, but when I win, it's usually because I got the Smash Ball.

Here is his strategy: Olimar stands on one side of the stage and spams Pikmin Throw. Whenever I try to get close, he uses his side smash, which sends me flying, and starts to dodge rolls his ways to the other side of the stage. Rinse, repeat. I'll occasionally catch him with my up-smash, but that doesn't compensate for the damage he racks up with Pikmin Throw, and he is hard to juggle, since he has fast aerial attacks. His Pikmin usually intercept PK Thunder, and PK Fire doesn't affect red Pikmin. I'll sometimes dodge the side smash, but he has already gotten way from me by then.

How can I stop this attack sooner and keep my damage low when I attack him? If you need more details, just ask and I'd be happy to provide them.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'd recommend that you take this to the Ness board. Just go to the character forums right below this one.

Welcome to Smashboards, by the way. ^_^

:069:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Just be careful since most of the people go nuts and start spreading the hate when they hear the word Smashball and might start to think of you as a noob or so. Just play the game the way you want :)

Top Bottom