• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-up, DK vs Dedede, but without infinites...

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
Everybody always says that DK vs D3 is like a 90-10 game because of his infinite, and then they say "Without the infinite it is an entirely different match-up". Many places are banning the infinite, and I am considering DK as a secondary to Marth, so I ask,

"What is the Match-up of DK vs D3 without infinites?".

Please discuss.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
the matchup is different when infinite is banned, but even so, D3 is still a hard counter for DK

he can still chaingrab you across the stage for the easiest 40% in the game. after that, you're forced offstage, which means you'll have to be wary of getting gimped. D3 has a very effective offstage game.

the only slightly safe (and still pretty **** unsafe, honestly) moves DK has in the matchup are upb, downb, bair (retreating, or you'll get shieldgrabbed unless precisely spaced). dont ever use any tilt against D3. you will get grabbed.

100-0 with infi
70-30 without

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Do Not Continue the Discussion Here Please
Continue it here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263849

I'll put up a MU thread over DDD right now. But to give this guy some quick info on the subject.

Eh, I don't know about all that. I play the match-up on a weekly basis against a very very good DDD and I think w/o the infinite the MU is probably 6-4 or 65-35 in DDD's favor.

He severely limits our move list but with what we've got we can still kill him and relatively early which he doesn't like. But the match-up really depends on the person's control of their character and how well they know the match-up. I tool scrub DDD's all the time (3-stocked one yesterday with only like 26% taken). But when they know the MU and how to work it, it's definitely something close to 6-4 if not worse.

In short, in advanced competitive play, he's a brick wall that DK can only punch through if it has holey walls or a bad foundation, sorry to say.

Top Bottom