• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match up against toon link?

Slaymaster

Smash Rookie
One of my friends plays toon link and I'm having a lot of trouble beating him
He's really good at zoning with projectiles and I usually can't even approach him, but once I get close to him I can magnet and start a combo
What can I do to get around the projectiles or what are the best options for facing toon link?

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
Catch his bombs whenever you can, which is a lot easier to do than you might think and won't require TOO much practice, depending on how good you are at the game.
Avoid being in front of him at range, pick stages such as Pokemon Stadium 2 to help with this, and really practice on using Forward-B from short hop to approach, as this will shut out his boomerang/arrow game pretty much instantly on the ground, forcing him to jump, at which point you simply approach him with a jumping aerial (N-air for damage, F-air for space, U-air for combos) into the front of his toes before he can decide which aerial to miss with.
Good luck, sir.

BamBoozzled

Smash Rookie
I have several months played with lucas 3-4 to be exact but when i play against people and against level 9 bots toon link is one of those harder matchups imo i hate him because he has 3 projectils and nuts dps so if hes gonna zone u (sadly u cant magnet the arrow) jump over him and get close to him, THEN if u get a pk freeze :GCR::GCB: u get a nice nair :GCY::GCA:dair :GCY::GCD: then grab that little **** up:GCZ: throw him and continue to combo, also use your sair:GCY::GCR: to start the combo but dont play the camp game u got to fight him. ALSO toon links recovery is not the greatest and very predictable so u can easily dunk him if he goes of the stage

Hope i helped good luck from a fellow lucas main:lucas:keep your short hops up and **** him over u got this man good luck :)

Top Bottom