• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match experiences and discussions

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Please use this thread to discuss any matches you've had with Mewtwo instead of going off topic in other threads.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
I had a match against my friend who uses Roy at a competive level plus I use mewtwo at a competive level anyways we where both at one stock and I was at 101% but I was able to combo him and take the win BTW my heart was beating

SGJet

Smash Cadet
NNID
SGJet
@Bandit Croco, I played a lot of matches, but I didn't sign up for the CEO tournament this time. Was trying to level up my game before entering such a big tourney. I play lots of friendlies and am currently experimenting with dairs uses in the neutral. The nature of its hitbox is a little disjointed on behind him, which covers options that his other aerials aren't as good as covering. Plus, the pay-off of landing a dair in the floaty matchup is terrific. Worst case scenario you get a tech chase and best case, at high percents, you kill them off the top with fair. Nobody will expect it when you've conditioned them with your other aerials. What do you guys think about Mewtwo's neutral v floaties?

Last edited:

Sieghart

Smash Apprentice
@Bandit Croco, I played a lot of matches, but I didn't sign up for the CEO tournament this time. Was trying to level up my game before entering such a big tourney. I play lots of friendlies and am currently experimenting with dairs uses in the neutral. The nature of its hitbox is a little disjointed on behind him, which covers options that his other aerials aren't as good as covering. Plus, the pay-off of landing a dair in the floaty matchup is terrific. Worst case scenario you get a tech chase and best case, at high percents, you kill them off the top with fair. Nobody will expect it when you've conditioned them with your other aerials. What do you guys think about Mewtwo's neutral v floaties?
Better than vs. fast fallers probably but still garbage since they tend to like being in the air. I don't have much personal experience besides semi-floaty Marth though so I could be looking at it wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

Sieghart

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo's Dair is ****ing terrible in neutral in any matchup, lol.
Woah, I did not even notice he was talking about Dair. @ SGJet SGJet please never ever use Dair in neutral. Ever. Neutral is for moves that are difficult to punish, preferably disjointed, that's why characters like Marth are great. That's also why Dair is not a move you throw out and pray hits.

SGJet

Smash Cadet
NNID
SGJet
My bad for the double post, but I'm going to start trying to perfect NIL teleports with Mewtwo. I feel that'll open up his neutral quite a bit. What are you guys up to in terms of Mewtwo experimentation? I love having conversations about Mewtwo stuff.

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

Sieghart

Smash Apprentice
My bad for the double post, but I'm going to start trying to perfect NIL teleports with Mewtwo. I feel that'll open up his neutral quite a bit. What are you guys up to in terms of Mewtwo experimentation? I love having conversations about Mewtwo stuff.
I'm trying to get a more definitive idea of what M2's combo game looks like at its best so that I can learn to maximize it. I've already gone past Edge Cancelled and NIL teleports. If I had more experience with the game I might actually be good, lol. Anyways, I decided to switch to M2 for the time being because I spend too much time on him to get better at Falco regardless.

SGJet

Smash Cadet
NNID
SGJet
Do you have any videos of you playing?
No, but as soon as I get good enough to get my Mewtwo on stream at my weeklies, I'll let you know :)

I'm trying to get a more definitive idea of what M2's combo game looks like at its best so that I can learn to maximize it. I've already gone past Edge Cancelled and NIL teleports. If I had more experience with the game I might actually be good, lol. Anyways, I decided to switch to M2 for the time being because I spend too much time on him to get better at Falco regardless.
Yea, you know I was thinking about this as well. Generally, and this probably goes without being said, we need to 0 to death the spacies when we grab them. But I was thinking to myself about M2's combo game on floaties (if there is one?) and I think that with proper DJC aerials, we can keep floaties extremely close to us and actually get really nice punishes on them.

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Playing against floaties in general is more about neutral and stage control than combo game. Against floaties you generally wanna get them in the air or offstage and have your SB charged. Save your shadow ball for punishes or followups rather than using it in neutral. Remember that once you get them offstage you have great edgeguarding tools both onstage and offstage.

I think the main problem mewtwo players have in their combo game is that their combos end with them sending their opponents too high to followup and above the stage rather than away from it. This is why ive recently started emphasizing the use of reverse bair to send opponents horizontally during a combo. Armada does this with peach quite often, and since mewtwo's aerial maneuverability is better than peach's, i dont see why you shouldnt be able to incorporate it. Upair can send away as well but the sweet spot is at the end of your tail and the send angle is higher so many times reverse bair is a better option.

Other than that I believe mewtwo players should work on their platform techchasing since many of mewtwo's moves have upward send angles.

SGJet

Smash Cadet
NNID
SGJet
Playing against floaties in general is more about neutral and stage control than combo game. Against floaties you generally wanna get them in the air or offstage and have your SB charged. Save your shadow ball for punishes or followups rather than using it in neutral. Remember that once you get them offstage you have great edgeguarding tools both onstage and offstage.

I think the main problem mewtwo players have in their combo game is that their combos end with them sending their opponents too high to followup and above the stage rather than away from it. This is why ive recently started emphasizing the use of reverse bair to send opponents horizontally during a combo. Armada does this with peach quite often, and since mewtwo's aerial maneuverability is better than peach's, i dont see why you shouldnt be able to incorporate it. Upair can send away as well but the sweet spot is at the end of your tail and the send angle is higher so many times reverse bair is a better option.

Other than that I believe mewtwo players should work on their platform techchasing since many of mewtwo's moves have upward send angles.
I've definitely noticed that having your SB charged fully changes the neutral completely. Makes the other player respect your options a lot more.

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
I recently played a 5 character Iron man with one of my friends who mains sheik. I picked mewtwo and took him to PS and i was doing fairly well. He started saying that the CC %s were absurd. He started to just needle camp so I jumped onto a platform and charged SB until he jumped on one to try to hit me with em. There were quite a few times where i read his needles and teleported. Also once i got sheik into shield with a SB in hand he was really afraid to move and i felt like i was exerting a lot of pressure. I got really good kill setups to with a CC dtilt-> grab dthrow onto the platform to a regrab upthrow. What really got me was when he got me offstage. When i would grab ledge I would either mess up the ledgaport stall or the ledge AI.

Top Bottom