• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Analysis

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm thinking about doing a series of these, but would like some feedback as to how you like it.
The first one is from Game 5 Set 2 of Grand Finals at the last Xanadu Monthly that wasn't streamed.

Whether you agree with how I play ROB or not, I just hope you all find this helpful in any way. Enjoy and Merry Beepmas!

Last edited:

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
It could use a slow mo and repeat highlights mondaz to give us some time to comprehend your choises and actions and maybe think and weight the alternative options and what we wpyld have done in a similar situation. Good work anyway man, if done correctly, videos like this can help us evolve our metagame :)

PS: This bowser did not seem so threatening. With his new buffs I strongly believe bowser eats ROBS alive with a mu 60-40 or more in his favor.

STOB

Master of Robots
NNID
Stobby_Beeles
Love the video Mister Eric, glad to see you doing this kind of stuff. Any idea if any of the other matches were posted from this tourney? I would love to see BrianYDG's set where he beat SeagullJoe in a Sonic ditto.

Also Constadin Constadin that Bowser was Le Troof, who is probably the best Bowser on the East Coast, so he's plenty threatening. I still think ROB has a fantastic matchup against Bowser, although it is certainly a little scarier with his new U-air combo.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
PS: This bowser did not seem so threatening. With his new buffs I strongly believe bowser eats ROBS alive with a mu 60-40 or more in his favor.
Heh. Too bad the world will never get to see the other 13(!) matches from that day. And no, this MU is still 60-40 in your favor. An impatient Bowser is a dead one.

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
By no means it is, probably you have played vs bad bowsers. Guaranteed kill at 100% and combo throws to deal 20+ dmg every single time is not 60-40. ROB cannot escape koo-pa with nothing, no matter the DI no matter the method used (dj, airdodge, upB, aerial) nothing if bowser is competant enough. Anyway, we go offtopic here, more on the mu thread.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Nice analysis Mister Eric Mister Eric . I always enjoy these types of videos, since they show the thought process of a high level player in a candid environment and deal with matchups and mindgames on a more practical level. It was also very entertaining and full of personality. I hope you'll continue the series. =D

My one suggestion would be to possibly slow down or pause the match when you would like to elaborate more on a specific scenario (ie. Conditioning your opponent on the ledge).

By no means it is, probably you have played vs bad bowsers. Guaranteed kill at 100% and combo throws to deal 20+ dmg every single time is not 60-40. ROB cannot escape koo-pa with nothing, no matter the DI no matter the method used (dj, airdodge, upB, aerial) nothing if bowser is competant enough. Anyway, we go offtopic here, more on the mu thread.
Hitman JT is Le Troof, the Bowser from the analysis Mister Eric posted, and I personally feel his matchup ratio is accurate. The way you talk about "guaranteed kill at 100%" and "combo throws to deal 20+ dmg" sounds like ROB's grab follow-ups instead of Bowser's. =P
At low percents, Bowser only have a guaranteed uthrow->utilt anyway, which is only around 16% fresh.

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
I really think you have no idea how broken bowsers up throw is... I have tested it and ROB is dying at 101% with the best DI possible (away and away from bowser after throw and after upair) in training mode in fd from upthrow upair. The best part is that it is a true combo and CANNOT be escaped from ROB.

Similar case is up to 34% that upthrow uptilt connects and it is again unavoidable. From that point on, upthrow to nair will deal anywhere from 12% to 30% maybe more depending your DI and the move yoy choose to response.

Rob's beep boop deals 21 dmg at early percents and only then it is a true combo. During kill % it has less than 50% to connect and can be DIed to avoid the finishing blow or even survive to rly high percents maybe more than 110% if upair is not fresh and the final blow is DIed properly.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Yeah but see, the problem is getting the grab to begin with which isn't that easy with all the tools that ROB has to keep him out. Same logic behind why the ICs were never the best character(s) in Melee. Git gud, don't get grabbed, soblem prolved.

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
So the logic is to camp and play defensively until time runs out with lazers and gyros right? Sorry but I prefer to actually play the game and engage in close fighting even with ROB :O

If you think that you can play "gut" and not get grabbed by bowser who has the best grab range in the game (pivot grab reaches half fd I swear!), jab cancels to grab combos and all this combined with one of the best ground mobility in the game, then indeed you have not played vs a good bowser. A good one will grab you and you do not need more than 2-3 grabs per stock.

Don"t get me wrong, it is not impossible, it is surely 60-40 in bowsers favor after the patch. Simply because ROB is designed to NOT be able to escape the combo throws...

Top Bottom