• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Mastering the 2D Horror

Caballo Sin Nombre

Smash Rookie
Caballo Sin Nombre submitted a new guide:

Mastering the 2D Horror - Combo Guide for Game n Watch

I'm going to get right down to business. This is my first guide and it is just a combo guide (and general tips) for all the Game and Watch (GnW) mains out there

Let's start off with properties of GnW

Properties
GnW is the second lightest character in the roster, boasting a pitiful 75 weight value. Jigglypuff weighs 68 (though GnW feels lighter if you've ever played the two) and Bowser is the heaviest at 128. This is important because GnW will be 'outgunned' by virtually every character...
Read more about this guide...

jsqrc

Smash Rookie
Interesting guide. I do like your creativity of the names for your combos, however you're missing quite a few basic combos (i.e. dthrow to utilt (to nair), jab1 to grab, upsmash to ftilt, uthrow to uair, etc.) and you should also provide general percentage ranges for these combos to work well. Matchups should a bit more detailed, but as this is a combo guide I guess it shouldn't matter too much.

Caballo Sin Nombre

Smash Rookie
Interesting guide. I do like your creativity of the names for your combos, however you're missing quite a few basic combos (i.e. dthrow to utilt (to nair), jab1 to grab, upsmash to ftilt, uthrow to uair, etc.) and you should also provide general percentage ranges for these combos to work well. Matchups should a bit more detailed, but as this is a combo guide I guess it shouldn't matter too much.
Thanks for the input. If you checkout the link I have at the bottom, it includes even more great combos that I did not mention such as dthrow > utilt. I am updating and when I get around to updating, will expand on the combos. I like your idea of detailing the matchups, and s

Last edited:

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
Seeing as I can't reply back in the review, I'll post my reply here. His Uair can kill at that percent, but it's basically impossible. The Wind-Box blocks you from getting the second hit. And DI and an attack like a Nair or Dair can easily mess you up. Match-Ups can differ from play-styles. GW will have an easier time with a Offensive Toon Link than a Defensive Toon Link. But you messed up so bad on some. Just because GW can absorb Ness's projectile, doesn't mean it's a good Match-Up! Ness can easily rack up damage then finish it off with a Back-Throw! What were you smoking? Dash Attack is not a good approach. You also forgot to mention when an enemy is knocked off the stage, you can jump off and get use Chef there. It will easily deny a recovery. You failed to mention SO many things and were wrong on so many other things. And how is giving your guide a bad review "flaming"? You told me to come here when you said to refer to your guide and it's not my fault that your guide is bad. You're starting to act like some 11 year old now. You're like, "lel lel lel, mah guide iz bettar den yours. prblem?" you're starting to dig yourself a deeper hole kid. I am a true GW main, I used to rank quite high back then in the good 'ol days back in Smash Ladder with the 2D kicking booty and the PK Powered Kid. Ahhhh, good times. Anyways, you implied that you have experience on FG, which makes this guide even more bad. FG is a terrible place full of bad players. If you're learning from there, then you're not learning at all. You implying that your experience from there, just shattered every single creditably that this guide has. As for you saying that your guide is better than mine, *looks at reviews* sorry to break it to you kid. Judging by reviews and experience, mine is superior to yours in every way, so yeah. Better luck next time. Maybe you'll be better when you start to learn Middle School Algebra?

Hey DaRedMage! I've Followed you (not in IRL) and I saw this. If I was gonna be honest from a new player's view. DaRedMage's guide is much better. It helped me improve my Mr. Game and Watch game and it helped me learn some advance techniques that I never knew before! It not only improved my Mr. Game and Watch game, but my overall Smash 4 game too! Just ignore him DaRedMage, you've already proven yourself to be better. Also, what is SmashLadder?

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
Tired of Spammer? Tired of people Taunting after every kill? Tired of always fighting scrubs? Well have no fear! Smash Ladder is here! There, you can fight against good and respectful players! It also has a ranking system! There's chat where you can interact and talk to fellow Smashers! You can even play Team Battles (you have to ask some people in the chat to do it)! What are you waiting for? Sign up now! http://www.smashladder.com. Also, I'll recomemd the Sub-Reddit /r/CrazyHand for you. It's a Sub-Reddit dedicated to helping newbies of Competitive Smash Bros.. /r/SmashedConnections is place where you can hook up against people you met on FG if they reply to your Post. If you meet a player you like on FG, then post a Thread there about them!

Top Bottom