• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mastering Flip Jump spiking

Claire Redfield

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lara_Redfield
I seem to have a lot of difficulty getting the spike with the Flip Jump kick. Usually I hit them up at an angle, because I'm not getting that sweet spot spike (awesome alliteration ahoy). How do you get the spike to go off reliably? Where with the kick must you hit to do so?

David Viran

Smash Lord
You want to hit with the outer most part of the hitbox. Kinda like spacing it.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I don't play ZSS much but I find getting a Dsmash off at high percents and timing in conjunction of the knockback after the stun delay allows you to Flip Jump spike reliably. Of course this requires precision.

Claire Redfield

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lara_Redfield
Wow, that was fast! Thank you. So you have to hit with the very end of the kick, then, it sounds like.

One technique I'm trying is stunning people with Paralyzer as they recover, then Flip Jump out there to smash them into oblivion. I think what's going wrong is I'm just too close to them when I do it.

I'll give it some practice!

David Viran

Smash Lord
Wow, that was fast! Thank you. So you have to hit with the very end of the kick, then, it sounds like.

One technique I'm trying is stunning people with Paralyzer as they recover, then Flip Jump out there to smash them into oblivion. I think what's going wrong is I'm just too close to them when I do it.

I'll give it some practice!
If you hit with a fully charged paralyzer when they have there back to the ledge you have a free spike because it forces them off them to slide off the ledge.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
That probably works wonders on Luigi. I feel like that set I showed you there was one instance where I landed a full laser on Luigi right under the left side of the bf platform, he slid so far I was like wow I totally could a spiked his ass.

Also of depending on the % if you land a fully charged laser on someone off stage it might be better to do the footstool spike because if you don't kick spike thy might end up living anyways.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
That probably works wonders on Luigi. I feel like that set I showed you there was one instance where I landed a full laser on Luigi right under the left side of the bf platform, he slid so far I was like wow I totally could a spiked his ***.

Also of depending on the % if you land a fully charged laser on someone off stage it might be better to do the footstool spike because if you don't kick spike thy might end up living anyways.
It's really easy to kick spike though and it kills at like 16% while footstool spike needs way way higher percentages. Kick spike also has more range and is faster.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
But you got a full charged laser on then off stage they must have used their jump as well.

That's the only times I'll do it instead of the kick I like the aerial movespeed footstool gives

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Dsmash at point blank leads into flip kick sweet spot spike, excellent for stage bounce kills. If they dont tech.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Dsmash at point blank leads into flip kick sweet spot spike, excellent for stage bounce kills. If they dont tech.
Tbh when you land that your probably better off just sh FF nairing and going for flip jump if they are at certain% s they will get spiked.

Being in end lag when they tech the ground spike is kinda lame.

Top Bottom