• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Massachusetts tourney

Bisi

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I'm new here and all I'm seeing is tourneys in like PA or NJ, and I wonder why there aren't any around Mass. If anyone knows of any or wants to start one, I'm sure a lot of people would play, and I'll definately play. Like I said, anyone who wants to play lemme know. My AIM is optimus135.

th0rn

Smash Lord
There is a tournament called the Cataclysm in Spencer Mass. There's a post about it in regionals and keep checking Tournament Disc. when there will be a official post on it for more info.

Sh4d0wDr4g0n

Smash Rookie
Where would you be willing to travel? I'm trying to organize a tournament in Western Mass, as in more western than Springfield and Holyoke.

rounder_nk

Smash Ace
EASTERN MASS GOD***IT plz i'm becoming bored of playing the same ppl over and over again.... come to boston!

bboyspaz

Smash Cadet
JBlaze1394 said:
I'm from the Midwest - Champaign, IL to be exact - but come March, I'll be moving to Boston...and I'll definitely be looking for some competition...anyone up for it?

where you gona be @ in boston? going to school anywhere? cus i deffienntly need to try and hook up w/ some smashers in my area so i can get some practice in.

Nils

Smash Rookie
Boston Univ. Hosted Tournament

Hey all, this is kinda late notice but tomorrow Boston University Video Game Society (BUVGS) is hosting a smash tournament in Boston out on the green line. it's too late to register atm but if u wanna come check it out feel free, we will def be hosting more in the future as we got a huge turnout for this one.

if you want info on how to find us look at our website: http://people.bu.edu/vgs

i will try and post future tournaments up here in advance next time. byebye. :p

bboyspaz

Smash Cadet
DUDE!!! thats not cool. you shoulda told us earlyer. or me @ least. i'm RIGHT by bu. i live in the city and everything. i woulda loved to come out. oh well :( i might try to come out there and check it out tho if i can find some directions

Nils

Smash Rookie
well it turns out 3 guys from WPI just said that cant make it out so we got some spots open. if you wanna come out just hop on the T and get on a B train on the green line

head over to the BU East stop.
get off there and go over to the the right side of the street (right if u face the way your train was going)
the Building you will be at is the College of Arts and Sciences. goto room 316 and that is us!

if u do plan on coming to play please bring $2 as this was a fundraising event for a penny-arcade charity called "childs play"

hope to seeya there!

bboyspaz

Smash Cadet
what stop is that do you know? i go up around bu kinda often. just wondering which stop it is. is it over there by the stop by the guitar center? i really might try to come out. if i do should i come and pay now, or should i come around when it starts and pay then??

Nils

Smash Rookie
we will be setting up around 2 hoping to start @ 2:30 come a little early so we can get you set up.
but ya, the stop is called BU East, it is the 2nd above ground stop going outbound on the B train of the green line.

if u get lost gimme a call (6175718870)

rounder_nk

Smash Ace
ha BU.... wow i haven't posted in a while.... ne ways **** dude so many ppl live close by.... if my sister goes there next year i might stop by.... hopefully sooner

Gino

Smash Rookie
Hey all; I'm new to the forums. But I'm a freshman at BU and man that was a fun tourney today. We had I believe more than 80 people out to smash with us. Nils, our video game club's vice-president, ended up winning. But I think he mentioned something about a possible Team Tournament in the future. Pending? Who knows. But every Saturday we usually have a Gamecube set up with Smash Bros., so if anyone's at BU, then come over and play with us. :)

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just so you all know, the biggest tournament the northeast has ever seen is going to been happening 2 weeks from today in Spencer MA. If a tournament is what you want, this is one helluva good place to get your feet wet. Tons of the best smashers from across the nation will be there, so don't miss it, or you'll regret it.

Cataclysm 2, link in sig....

Nils

Smash Rookie
omg yes, i will be down for that - we gonna try and get some BU ppl out to that. is that on the T?

Dudesy

Smash Rookie
Dude I totally need some boston gamers, I'm like 40 minutes from Spencer, 30 from Boston, and right in Worcester county.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
there are a lot of things going on everywhere, you just kind of have to keep your eyes and ears awake. a lot of colleges like BU and Umass host events. great stuff there.

for those posting about boston smashers in general, i live about 20 minutes away from boston in andover with a car. i am always down for some friendlies.

aim - memphischains

EDIT - omegawhitemage, you dont have a link in your sig. has there been a thread made about this tourney?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
"02-18-2006" is when he posted that...
Cataclysm 2, and Cataclysm 3, and Viva La Smashtaclysm have all been hosted already.

thedarkhand

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm glad to find a MA thread, I was wondering, I'm from mass, but in college in pittsburgh, and was wondering what was around the week of St. Patricks day as I'm back 30 minutes outside of boston that week, friendlies or tournaments

Tok

Smash Rookie
I am MA smasher... Tired of not knowin anybody who likes ssbm as much as i do... So yea i down for friendlies tourneys w.e... Aim me @ Tony2Nut

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
hey ppl, i think sum1 shud start a Massachusetts player finder, im specifically lookin for anyone who i could play with near Worcester Mass.

Top Bottom