• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Weeklies/Bi-weeklies - THIRD EVENT JULY 29TH

Driz

Smash Apprentice
I'm in RI for another 2 weeks if you have something here around that time I'd probablybe able to make it, and RedSox you were saying about a crew which I would love to join, I kinda suck but thats because I don't have anyone around to help me improve.

Driz

Smash Apprentice
Give me a dat and time for upcoming weeks and I might try and swing by, if these are just smashfests and I do come can someone help me my Falco hasn't improved in weeks and I don't know what to do besides play more

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Give me a dat and time for upcoming weeks and I might try and swing by, if these are just smashfests and I do come can someone help me my Falco hasn't improved in weeks and I don't know what to do besides play more
I went to ,but didnt play in, that very small tournament that you played in last weekend. I watched you play and we could definitely make you way better much quicker. If there is a smashfest Jholla (my bro) can help you with your falco. He's pretty good with him, about as good as the kid who won that tourney (i.e the only kid who entered that was good cause me and jinx missed signups haha).

So someone have a smashfest in two weeks. I wont be here this weekend because of mlg but next weekend we should have something. Any interest?

greenblob

Smash Lord
Just a heads up, but my school's Asian American Club is holding "Asian Night" and there will be a Smash tournament included. Since I'm the president, it'll be a competitive tournament.
Anyway, we decided on the afternoon of 6/2, but everything's still very tentative at this point. Updates should be coming soon.

Questor96

Smash Journeyman
Is there anything going on in the area now? Tom's tournament is canceled, BTW.

Somebody host something in the metro area, and we should all go to it.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Jholla and Pat/Pro are hosting a tournament supposedly.

Ya know it would be a lot easier if someone else would make an effort to set this up. I don't really have the time to travel into Boston. I've recommended some venues, but I'm gonna be in Maine for the summer. If anyone else wants to help, please let me know.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
What the hell? Josh mustve arranged this without telling me. The first one we had was a big success but the last one was weak because people decided to go to stupid boston anime. Im gonna ask around to some of the players in the area and see whats best for them. Tom cancelled his tourney so im sure we can get people to go especially with school getting out soon. Do people have finals soon or whats the deal with that?

I posted a tourney thread please post in it to give it attention and get it going. Questor here you go I take the train to boston everyday its not far :). If anyone lives around the T they have no excuse not to go to this. You dont have to play in the tourney if you dont want to. Its all for funs.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Okay well we have a venue now to hold monthly tournaments. I think the next step is to get weekly smashfests going everywhere. I'm sure most of you guys are already playing amongst each other on a regular basis, but probably not on the order of 5-10 people. Just because I never heard about any crews in Boston.

Anyway, I guess I'll try and start the discussion to see who is willing to host some smashfests.

Driz

Smash Apprentice
Personally I wanna start one because alot of my friends from my hometown have shown an intrest in this but I'm not around to look for a venue if I do find one thats big enough anyone from smashboards would be more than welcome to come along.

KZYFranco

Smash Rookie
Is there anyone in W.Mass that has tourneys or (bi)weeklies or whatever? I live in the SW corner of NH, so getting to the Boston area can work, but only rarely. As far as I can tell, there's really nothing going on in NH, haha.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Is there anyone in W.Mass that has tourneys or (bi)weeklies or whatever? I live in the SW corner of NH, so getting to the Boston area can work, but only rarely. As far as I can tell, there's really nothing going on in NH, haha.
Hey dude. There's a crew in NH that plays pretty regularly. Maybe you can catch up with them over the summer. I can give you their contacts, just send me a PM or an IM on AIM.

kirchinator

Smash Rookie
hmm, kirch isnt going anymore, and i (the kid sharing his account) might not be able to make it..that would be bad. ive never gone to a tourney and this 1 is right next to ashland, where i live. so im guessing the next mass tourney wont be in the metrowest area, so we can have other mass players make the next one. and i cant drive, i get my license in august, so making a tourney other than in framingham isnt going to work for me. well i hope i can make it. or else unless theres a close one nearby soon then im not going to one of these for a while. it kinda sucks.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Just wanted to see how people liked Gaming Universe as a venue. Was the location good? What was good about it?

The next date will be on the 16th, which happens to be the same date as Pound. I know we'll probably lose a couple people to Pound. I'd push it back to the 23rd, but I want to let someone else in Mass post a tournament and have a good date.

June 9th is MST 12. It's in Biddeford, ME, which is pretty close to NH. From Boston it's only a 90 minute drive to Biddeford, from Worcester it's a little over 90 minutes, so it's not very far at all. Probably closer than driving to a CT tournament for most people who aren't way out in western Mass or down by Cape Cod.

Just wanted to show all you guys this new website that people have been using lately. I think it would help us unite a bit better as a community.

http://nealpro.com/

This website is like a tournament archive plus facebook/myspace for gamers. I think it's a great idea. It has all kind of other features too including an archive on records against common opponents. :)

Elen

Smash Lord
The next date will be on the 16th, which happens to be the same date as Pound. I know we'll probably lose a couple people to Pound. I'd push it back to the 23rd, but I want to let someone else in Mass post a tournament and have a good date.
The 23rd is the next viva anyways. We're gonna lose people one way or another. There's also a gears tourny on the 23rd so I don't think there's any chance Jamie will let us push it back xD 16th should be fine, lets remember power strips this time guys :-P

I like game universe mostly for the staff. The venue itself is a bit small, but they said they could make more space if we really needed it. (the owner said we could bust down a wall, rofl) Framingham is also a relatively central location, so I don't think anyone had too long of a commute (except you redsoxfan :p Mainersss). So yea, its just a friendly envirement and the store actually wants us there (not many stores would be like that >.>) so I give it a thumbs up.

blackboxer19

Smash Rookie
so what goes on on saturday nights?? or on sundays?? i will commit to a biweekly league and will drive within 45 minutes of boston, any direction.

blackboxer19

Smash Rookie
getting better?? that's funny ;) i guess we'll see if i do need to get better. i work a lot during the week but i'm closing my store early today i may have some time tonight.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
hey thats the second best IC main in mass give the chop some respect haha. BUt definitely come all the best mass players go so have fun.

blackboxer19

Smash Rookie
i like the ice climbers but they're not my main. i use them to toy with people who don't know that they aren't very good. that sounds mean but it's done with the intention of causing the least amount of embarassment.

blackboxer19

Smash Rookie
I'm not saying that they aren't. I'm just saying that I don't use them when I want to get serious. I know a couple guys that can always rock the IC, but they're my fun team. Just not my competition team. But then again I don't feel like I've played anyone yet with a considerable amount of skill, so I might suck in comparison. But at least I know I'm better than most people in South Western NH where I used to live. That's why I hope to make the June tourney at Game Universe. I might be there on Friday for the Halo tourney except I have no team :*(

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Ice Climbers are the scariest to play against. You get grabbed you die. End of story. Plus their smashes can clear you off the stage at like 50% sometimes. Fsmash on Yoshi's Story. Well if you miss your DI that is.

The matchups can be really hard, but once you learn the chaingrab or wobbles, it's a lot more even. Honestly I think the only really bad counters are Marth, Peach and Samus. The other ones aren't too too bad though. But even still experience will help a lot in that regard.

Here's the next tournament.

Monthly Mass Madness 2: You Fell for the Trap

Driz

Smash Apprentice
Whats your adress so I could see if I can make this tourney!

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Alright guys. Here's the plan. I'd like to get a 3 venue circuit going around Mass. We can do the Monthly thing at Framingham. And then setup another 2 venues that will be bi-monthly tournaments.

So anyone willing to host a tournament once every 2 months, please let me know. If anyone can find a decent T-accessible venue, then please that would be ideal.

Top Bottom