• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Pikmin Suicide?

Awex

Smash Lord
Last night I was playing a wifi match with Olimar. As I was recovering, I had 6 pikmin with me. I'm floating back to the stage, no air dodge, aerial or any action at that time. Then suddenly, ALL 6 of my pikmin DROP from my side and plummet to the oblivion.

The whistle did nothing. I couldn't do anything.

I don't have a video cause the match went too long for me to save a replay, but that description is exactly what happened.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Maybe they saw a ship part down there?

Since you were playing online, I'm going to blame it on some weird online disruption.

Pink4Life

Smash Cadet
yea i've had this happen to me. I think it's because you were blasted far back at high speeds. usually only 3-4 pikmin drop to their deathes. I'm curious as to why this occurs, so someone figure out why this happens :D

peeup

Smash Lord
Since you were playing online, I'm going to blame it on some weird online disruption.
No, its happened to me b4 in a normal match vs a CPU. If anybody knows how/why this happens, i'd like to know...

Anonyman

Smash Rookie
Olimar doesn't always get around to putting on deodorant before his brawls.

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
I can say yes this has happened to me to, very annoying when your in the breaking point of a match to, lol.
not sure why it happens

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
I think when your thrown far enough, some or all pikmin will die. It's happened to me plenty of times, its annoying. My friend said its because when your close to the end of the stage, you take damage. So maybe when you take damage off the stage, they die. I really don't know why this happens, there just some of my ideas why.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
A similar incident has happened to me, too. I think it's because of the same reason why Pikmin tend to scatter from Olimar throughout a battle. Perhaps when you were launched, the Pikmin became de-synchronized from Olimar and were unable to "stick" back onto him. Whistling doesn't always bring the Pikmin back once they've fallen over the edge. I'm glad this doesn't happen frequently, as it is only perpetuating the biggest weakness Olimar has already - recovering from being launched off of the stage.

Top Bottom