• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masks.......

nessokman

Smash Lord
Masks have always been of intrest in video games.In some games, they play crucial roles.

I'm talking Majora's Mask.
Majora's Mask is a Zelda Title from 2000.It is debatably the second best zelda.

Masks play a giant role here. The antagonist, skull kid, uses the power of majora's mask to cause evil and suffering.

Link can use the Ocarina of Time to heal sorrow and pained souls by playing the song of healing. This songs turns them into masks. Other masks are obtained through side quests.

Masks could be cool in ssb4. Here are my ideas-

masks float down from their spawn area.When they hit the ground they disappear.

skull kid-Skull kid assist trophy drops masks down.

--masks appear at random

here are some masks-

blast mask-This....explosive mask literally blows your face off!Push the b button to cause a 30% damage dealing explosion to you and those close to you.good for 1 use.

stone mask-This freaky stone mask makes you blend in like stone.Only those who weild the lense of truth can see you.lasts 25 seconds.

goron mask- lets you roll like a goron to squish enemies.good for 35 seconds.

bremen- This mask gives you the appearance of a leader.Wear this mask and three chickens will attack your enemies.good for one use.

pics later when i'm on my comp.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
we already have the Bunny Hood item in Smash Bros., with the same effect from Majora's Mask, so they could add some new masks in the new Smash.

some could be nice additions, like the Blast Mask. The Stone Mask wouldn't be much different from the Cloaking Device in Melee, as both grant invisibility.

perhaps the All-Night Mask to prevent sleep, granting temporary immunity to Jigglypuff's Sing move or Peach's Final Smash.

but I noticed that few masks have any good effect for Smash...

this link may be helpful: http://www.zeldawiki.org/Mask

if they put Young Link again, the Fierce Deity Mask could be his Final Smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wish the OoT remake changed the bunny hood to have it's MM effect because it's kind of boring in OoT

I would have done the OoT remake A LOT differently

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Frost
The Blast Mask Would be the premiere suicide weapon of mass destruction!

As for other masks or related things, I would love to see:
-Mario's Raccoon/Squirrel/whatever makes him fly suits.
-A frog suit that lets you hop, and breathe underwater (as well as swim fast).
-That Stone Temple mask that makes you a giant. It could be like A SUPER MUSHROOM'S SUPER MUSHROOM!!!
-Maybe a mask that disguises you as another character (in the match)=???
-Vegeta's scouter!!!!

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
@frost

I can't see much reason to include the allnight mask, jigglies up special is more or less useless for the most part, and making peach lose one of the main properties of her FS kind of defeats the whole purpose of her getting it in the first place, and considering her FS isn't all that amazing to begin with.....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@frost

I can't see much reason to include the allnight mask, jigglies up special is more or less useless for the most part, and making peach lose one of the main properties of her FS kind of defeats the whole purpose of her getting it in the first place, and considering her FS isn't all that amazing to begin with.....
it would be kind of useless but still a possibility anyway... all I said that it was one of the few masks from Majora's Mask that would actually work for Smash... because I don't see much masks with combat related abilities.

@Johnknight1
I don't think some of these items you mentioned can really qualify as masks, but sure have unique and interesting effects. I do agree that Giant's Mask would really be overkill, that or the Mega Mushroom.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
instead it could be a carrying item and you trow it at ur foe and will change them depending on the mask and most likely mess them up (I think the mask should only change playable charters to other playable charters) and to change your self trow it down

Top Bottom