• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Man Skin

NEO Ness

Smash Rookie
Was anyone else disappointed that The Masked Man was only a color swap with his face on Lucas's shirt? I really wanted him to be a complete costume. (I mean, if Cloud could get his Advent Children's outfit... why not let Lucas have the full Masked Man outfit?)

I really wanted him to be a character, but that's probably asking too much since MOTHER isn't a very popular game series in all countries. Comparing to Pokemon and Mario, etc.

I'm kinda sad that they will (most likely) never update it with a alternate costume for Lucas :(

They had one chance, and they opted out for just a color swap...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I would love nothing more than to see Masked Man in Smash, but he has potential for an interesting and original moveset, so I feel like a simple alternate costume would do him a disservice. The Masked Man T-shirt is a lovely homage, but I'd prefer a proper character—or, at the very least, a Mii costume so I can pretend the hexagonal Reflector is somehow related to PK Love.

NEO Ness

Smash Rookie
Its better than nothing.
I didn't mean to sound unappreciated. I really like the homage to the Masked Man, was just saying it'd be nice to see it go beyond that.

It's because Masked Man will be Mother's villain rep, don't worry about it.
I would love nothing more than to see Masked Man in Smash, but he has potential for an interesting and original moveset, so I feel like a simple alternate costume would do him a disservice. The Masked Man T-shirt is a lovely homage, but I'd prefer a proper character—or, at the very least, a Mii costume so I can pretend the hexagonal Reflector is somehow related to PK Love.
Seeing the Masked Man in smash would be a dream come true. He is by far my favorite character in the MOTHER series.

BlazinSatan

Smash Rookie
NNID
xxSaintStabZxx
I would have been ok to see him as an alt costume but as his own character, it would be beautiful. I voted for him a lot, maybe 3 times every day in the ballot.

EmpireCrusher203

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-7161-9170
Not sure about the Masked Man. I never really like his design and I feel nauseous around the Masked Man. I don't know why. I never play as the Masked Man color swap of Lucas for this reason. It's probably because of the ending of Mother 3. I'm okay with the Claus color swap, in fact I always use it, but not the Masked Man. I guess a Masked Man outfit and helmet for Mii Fighting would be cool, even if I wouldn't buy it.

The Masked Man is an amazing character but he always gives me a bad feeling of Claus. I like to see Claus before the incident when he was an average looking boy. Him in a robotic suit is a real tear jerker, to see what Claus has become. Claus was always my favorite out of the two and seeing him as a cruel monster, just leaves me speechless.

Last edited:

that_rock

Smash Rookie
TBH I think the PM costume of "Commander Lucas" or whatever is great. I put it in quotes because I don't know what the PM community dubs it. (I call it Masked Man even thou its really OH CRAP SPOILERS)

Anyways, I feel like that one works for the following reasons as the only viable costume Nintendo could possibly insert for Lucas.

1. Lucas never changes clothes except for that part...I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the part where the pig masks get confused is the only part where his visuals change. (I mean I guess there's after Hinawa's death where he's in PJ's, but PJ's are more of a Ness thing)

2. They refused to make Claus have a separate character selection voice. This is important because it really shows that Lucas will have infinitely more priority in basically everything development-wise than Claus. Maybe if they do make a masked man Lucas they make a masked man Claus as well?

3. Adding masks, eye visors, and other extra accessories to make a full masked man costume will be way more extra modeling then I'm assuming Nintendo is willing to make for an extra costume. With that said, I hope that if somehow this idea passes, they do remodel his fsmash into a sword. (I'm sorry, i never got what that was. Electricity Staff Sword?)

With that said I'm hoping but I don't think its happening :/ I swear every other character in the game gets more hype than Lucas.

Top Bottom