• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Voice

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now THAT would be hard core. Actually Brad Swaile (Quatre Winner/Amuro Ray) would be the most appropriate for Marth in my humble opinion.

The voice I am the most concerned about is King Dedede's. Though they gave Meta Knight the coolest and most fitting voice possible, I'm concerned that King "Colonel Sanders" Dedede might be returning from "Right Back At Ya!" Oh well, if he does, he'll take Diddy's spot as most annoying character.
I beat dat der Kirby!

Imagine if Spike Spencer does reprise the role. If it's not that good, they better have Marth ranting about the disappointing ending.

GenG

Smash Lord
The voice I am the most concerned about is King Dedede's. Though they gave Meta Knight the coolest and most fitting voice possible, I'm concerned that King "Colonel Sanders" Dedede might be returning from "Right Back At Ya!" Oh well, if he does, he'll take Diddy's spot as most annoying character.
They won't touch Dedede's voice as he doesn't talk Japanese in Brawl. He makes funny sounds but that's it.

I think that Fox, Falco and Wolf voices will be the ones from Assault, which were pretty good.
Metaknight and Pit's English voices are nice.
David Hayter and Squirtle will make it up for me.

I was worried about Ike, Sonic and Lucario voices in Brawl. Since they used Jason Griffith for Sonic, and the Ike one is the same guy from the games (so it's ruined by default), I have doubts how Lucario will turn out.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They won't touch Dedede's voice as he doesn't talk Japanese in Brawl. He makes funny sounds but that's it.

I think that Fox, Falco and Wolf voices will be the ones from Assault, which were pretty good.
Metaknight and Pit's English voices are nice.
David Hayter and Squirtle will make it up for me.

I was worried about Ike, Sonic and Lucario voices in Brawl. Since they used Jason Griffith for Sonic, and the Ike one is the same guy from the games (so it's ruined by default), I have doubts how Lucario will turn out.
They might get Sean Schemmel (Goku) to reprise the role. By the way, if we get Spike Spencer for Marth again, this better happen over the roster, Subspace, or something else.

Warning: STRONG LANGUAGE
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WLeknpgdcEc

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I honestly still don't think Marth will get an English voice. It's part of what makes him his character.

Marth simply has no reason to be in English until after FE DS comes out. He's still a Japanese only character and SSB is about keeping characters as in character as possible.

But whatever. It's not like I'll be mad about whatever they do.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Really? I find [Ike's] Japanese voice to be very dissapointing so far.
Me too. Especially when he uses Aether. "yaaaah..." It sounds like he's bored. Check the Japanese "Wifi test connection" video to hear it.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Since expanding the Fire Emblem series, Nintendo will probably give Marth an English voice, like Ike (I like that ring, "like Ike").
(Staying on topic,) Who knows, this may a good thing! *cough* Pit's Jp. voice *cough*.
Do you know that Pit's Japanese voice actor is pretty famous??? she is the same voice actor for detective Conan.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I honestly still don't think Marth will get an English voice. It's part of what makes him his character.

Marth simply has no reason to be in English until after FE DS comes out. He's still a Japanese only character and SSB is about keeping characters as in character as possible.

But whatever. It's not like I'll be mad about whatever they do.
Lucas has an English VA (I think) and he's Japan-only right now.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well if you want to be techincal most of Fire Emblem seems to take place in the European Mediveal or Dark Ages period NOT any Japanese Era to speak of. So I guess I don't see how speaking Japanese is necessary significate to making his character. From my understanding the only reason they left it in Japanese is that they were going to cut both Marth and Roy from the US verison of Melee but decided against it in the last moment not to, ran out of time probably.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
And then I'll finnaly be able to know what the HELL he says when he goes.

Mina, niteketetete" or whatever.

I know like nothing about Japanese, so don't quote me on this, but afaik, Marth is saying.

ミナミテイテクレ/ Mina, miteite kure.

'Everyone! look at me' As in, look at the ph4t counter he's about to do etc.

Or something along the lines of that.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
My opinions so far:

Ike's Japanese voice sounds like he has lung cancer.
Haven't heard enough to pass judgement on Ike's American voice.
Japanese Pit sounds too young, American Pit sounds about the same, but a little deeper and less kid-like.
Japanese MK is fine. American MK still has a hint of some sort of weird spanish accent. "Victory is myt des-tony"
Why do people think Marth speaking Japanese is somehow fitting? Look at Lucas. Japan only character. Yet he speaks english even in the Japanese version. Marth looks like a european prince or something. Give him a prissy European voice and that'd fit fine.
I'm a bit preturbed that they didn't change Ness' voice at all but saw fit enough to change Kirby's. Ness is from a heavy american-parodying land yet it sounds like English is his second language, after Japanese. Lucas fits the bill more than Ness does.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Why do people think Marth speaking Japanese is somehow fitting? Look at Lucas. Japan only character. Yet he speaks english even in the Japanese version.
Well, IIRC most of the time Mother games are supposed to take place/start off in a fictitious "Amercian" World. Look at Ness's game for instance. "Eagleland" is where he is from. "Eagle Land". Think of the bald Eagle. Get it?

And, in Mother, the first game, the biggest town Ninten goes to is called Ellay. Pronounced "L. A." Catching on? ^_^

I'd give a mother 3 example, but I haven't played it yet and have been avoding as many spoilers as possible. I'm waiting for the translation project to finish.

So English actually makes sense there.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
does Ike have an english voice in the new Fire Emblem games? there is your answer

(for those not following me, yes, to be consistant they will give him an english voice too but I suspect you will be able to switch languages between english and japanese as usual.

silver777

Smash Champion
Ike's Japanese voice sounds like he has lung cancer.
LOL I have to agree, I just can't stand his voice, I am pretty sure ANYTHING will be better than his Japanese voice.
I'm a bit preturbed that they didn't change Ness' voice at all but saw fit enough to change Kirby's. Ness is from a heavy American-parodying land yet it sounds like English is his second language, after Japanese.
Kirby's voice didn't change......
And you have to love Ness's Engrish, I mean come on, who doesn't like his "PK Frraaaush!"??

3D King

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't mind the Japanese with Marth as I've grown used to it. I think it may sound a bit awkward if they give him an English voice actor, but then again it all comes down to who they cast for the role.

GenG

Smash Lord
Ike's voice actor doesn't have lung cancer, and doesn't sound like it neither. It's a graver voice than usual, which matches Ike's persona perfectly. Just watch some RD Japanese videos.

This one seems to have "lung cancer", but people find it cool:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=9eU0kXhL5k0

Chaotic-Strike

Smash Cadet
I dont see how people can say an english marth voice would be bad if they havent even heard it yet. To me it really depends on who gets it so far metaknight and pit voices have been good so I trust them enough for marth.

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
Ike's voice actor doesn't have lung cancer, and doesn't sound like it neither. It's a graver voice than usual, which matches Ike's persona perfectly. Just watch some RD Japanese videos.

This one seems to have "lung cancer", but people find it cool:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=9eU0kXhL5k0
Because it IS cool. Even Hideo Kojima said that he liked the David Hayter Version of Snake better.

Anyways, I vote for no dub for Marth, can't imagine my main (unless I decide Snake) any other way.

silver777

Smash Champion
David Hayter Is pretty amazing, how can you compare his voice to Ike's?!?

seriously Ike's voice is horrid, anything will be better, because...It CAN'T get any worse than this.

too bad Lucas has the same voice for both version's...his voice is bad, not as bad as Ike though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Because it IS cool. Even Hideo Kojima said that he liked the David Hayter Version of Snake better.

Anyways, I vote for no dub for Marth, can't imagine my main (unless I decide Snake) any other way.
I say we get a dub voice for Marth, especially if it involves him ranting.

TehDuke

Smash Rookie
Actually, Marth HAS had an English voice before.

Some of you probably know of the old Fire Emblem anime. Marth (or Mars, as it was translated then) was the main character, and his Japanese voice actor was the same on as his Melee (and now Brawl) voice.
The anime was later liscensed in America by ADV films, who in turn released a dub. His English voice actor was Spike Spencer. (For those unfamiliar, he voiced Shinji Ikari in the Neon Genesis Evangelion dub. Look him up on Youtube if you want to hear his voice)

Keeping with that trend, Spencer should, in theory, become his actor in Brawl. Now, I personally have never heard the FE anime dub, but his NGE voice is a bit... wimpy sounding, to say the least. I mean, he might could pull off the cool yet effeminate swordsman, but I'm not seeing it now.

Of course, they might not go with Spencer (They don't seem to be going the direction of hiring anime dub actors), and they might not dub his voice at all (Keeping with the "Japan only = Japanese voice mentality)... But I do think he'll get an English voice. As to who it is and how good it'll be... your guess is as good as mine.

Top Bottom