• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marths Side B still helps horizontal Recovery

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
So in Melee Marth's side b was useful towards his horizontal recovery mostly the first one because it elavated you vertically into air almost like a short hop. well in brawl the case is not the same, it does not rise you with the first inital over b, but when i was just vsing my friends and bots the side b can still give you that rising animation anytime you are being sent up into the air so this means. At the peak of your jumps you can get that rising anamation of the side b while trying to recover its a little tricky at first because it has to be instanlly after you stop rising after ur Double jump for recovery if you want to use it to its most effectiveness. So I hope this helps. I have tested this and it does make marth jump higher. I tested by doing jump, side b, double jump side b and it was higher than just jump, double jump.

toga

Smash Apprentice
I think that in brawl the easy way to recover is to just hold the joy stick tworad the stage jump then up be its so much better in brawl I dont find a use for the side be in the air unless im trying to poke somebody off the ledge. another thing is when you get knocked high u can hold b and he will get launched to the stage like lugi would.

Top Bottom