• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Possible Match-Up Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Until the game itself comes out, discuss all of Marth's possible match-ups with any character here!

Note: this can include grab releases, chaingrabs, true combos, spacing issues, etc.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I don't know a whole lot about match-ups, but I'll tell you this; I will find a way for Marth to be capable of killing Meta Knight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Think he'll still have the advantage of range on a lot of characters. Other than that, can't tell anything yet without seeing him in action. But I still sort-of expect Marth to be better than average. Ever since his first appearance in Melee, Marth was alwas a strong opponent. He's just a very well written character. And I wish nearly half of the cast had a moveset as functional as Marth's.

Anything could happen though. Mario was also above average in Smash 64 and Melee, yet Bottom Tier in Brawl. Kirby was great in 64, terrible in Melee, and a little above average in Brawl. Marth could very well end up sucking if he has been struck with the Nerf Hammer. But still, I doubt he'd be anything lower than Mid-Tier myself.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
When I hear the name Marth, I always think "Only Ike has got that range covered" because holy crap Marth is so safe behind that tipper Fair of his.

I agree with you, Diddy. The only issue I can see for Marth would be a nerf hammer.

But to be honest I think his MU against Olimar is going to be negative.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Why does everyone care so much about match-ups? If you like a character and are good with them, then you shouldn't care who you are up against. Just beat them! :grin:

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I enjoy discussing what's best to do in situations. I'm a theory man, I like speculating and talking about ideas. Then you find something broken, like the fact that Ike's Fair outspaces Ice Climbers (yes, even Blizzard), and it changes the metagame a little bit.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Talking about match ups now for a game we haven't even seen much of is very facetious.
Assuming mechanics are going to move over from one game to another is very misguided.
Excitement is great and all, but you don't need to look for reasons to +1 your post count.

Just like Brawl and Melee, SSB4 Marth will likely not have any domineering mechanics that "make match ups easy". He's a character of precision, as long as he has strong tools and not be debilitated by opposing mechanics (we've been lucky to avoid cgs, grab releases, infinites, etc in brawl) he'll probably have good match ups. How we play those match ups is impossible to quantify right now though.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
You're more than welcome to delete the thread if you have the power.

Also, I see what you were getting at with the +1 post count, but that wasn't my intention at all, nor was I looking for reasons to +1 my post count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom