• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marths down tilt

MBG

Smash Rookie
I'm having some troubles when it comes to marths down air off stage. When I got off stage to finish with a down air, I can't seem to ever make it back to the stage. So as of now it's pretty much down air and I also lose a stock. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong I use the A as opposed to the C analog or is that where i'm going wrong with it? Anyways any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Nesmoney

Smash Rookie
Jump before you down air to stop your downward momentum off stage. This goes for all of Marth's aerials off stage. Whether you use the C-stick or A is just preference. Both ways work.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
You could be fastfalling by accident if you're using the A button, in which case using the C-stick would help (and you should be using it anyway since it gives you more control over your aerial drift, which is important in general as well as here in particular). You can make it back from a down air even if you do it as you're falling (i.e. without jumping first) so long as you're high up enough when you start; I'm reasonably certain you can do it at stage level on every stage if you don't fastfall.

As you practice you'll get more comfortable with knowing how far/deep you can go offstage and still make it back.

Last edited:

Vista_

Smash Cadet
I'm having some troubles when it comes to marths down air off stage. When I got off stage to finish with a down air, I can't seem to ever make it back to the stage. So as of now it's pretty much down air and I also lose a stock. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong I use the A as opposed to the C analog or is that where i'm going wrong with it? Anyways any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Why is this thread named Marth's down tilt...?

MBG

Smash Rookie
Why is this thread named Marth's down tilt...?
I'm new to the forum so I thought it was a search option at first. My bad fellas and thank you for the input by the way!

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
I'm new to the forum so I thought it was a search option at first. My bad fellas and thank you for the input by the way!
try setting up into it, up throw into down air on fast fallers works and so does up tilt down air if youre facing away from the ledge. also, is best to use it facing backwards as the hitbox is bigger, watch some marth combo videos to know what i mean.

Aksorz1336

Smash Rookie
If you're not high enough when Dairing to make it back with an UpB you'll have to double jump just before the Dair to not fall like a stone to your death.

Top Bottom