• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Down Smash

thejuica

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I've been practicing my Marth slowly but surely over the past month. I'm getting better and better, incorporating wave-dash edge-hogging, shffl's, dash cancels, chain grabbing, and trying to get juggling down. However, I still have too many issues with using Marth's down smash over the edge of maps on people.

From all the videos I see, Marth smashes his opponent down, faster than they are able to recover. It seems that no matter where I hit an opponent, they never spike down as I see it happen in the videos; sometimes it hits them back on stage. Also, I miss it a lot, and sometimes it kills me because the lag from it is crazy high.

Any tips on executing this finisher properly?

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Stop being stupid with trying to pull off odd things rather than do simple effective things like f-smashing or d-tilting them when they try to sweetspot or hopping out and bair-ing them.

Correction: Actually know what you're talking about before you post here, You are D-airing, which has to be tipped in order to spike.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I think you mean Down Air and the spike is around the outer part of his sword,
you're probably using it when you're too close to them to spike

Professer-MMP

Smash Rookie
yea im pretty sure that his dsmash cant spike... though i cant be sure
his dair can and if you're not then they are to close or you whiffed

Cookiez

Smash Ace
The problem is your not tipping the Dair. Try gettign a little more height above them before you use this move, if you hit them with the centre or hilt they'll just fly upwards instead. Also, it's a bad idea to drop below the stage when you do a Dair (unless your ledgehopping back up) as the lag time may be too great to let you recover.

Top Bottom