• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marths defensive game and approaches?

P-chan

Smash Rookie
I have been playing project m for almost a year now and i have been maining marth for the majority of that time. so ive recorded my gameplay and found a few flaws and need help with them.
How do i approach with marth?
How do i not become como food and play defensive?

Thanks in advance

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
We're going to need to see your pictures. (Is there a review my marth thread where you can post?)

Generally retreating fairs and down tilt, as well as f-tilt are your basic defensive options to keeping your opponent at bay while grabs are used to send your opponent away if they get too close. Jab is another good option.

Approaching with Marth: Generally you want to approach when your opponent has low percent so you can combo and get their percentage high enough (but not too high! He doesn't want that. 70-80) to kill them. Dash Dancing and d-tilt is a good way, as dash dancing makes your opponent think while d-tilt can send them into a wavedash f-throw, link to f smash. etc.

P-chan

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the reply, and i dont have any footage of me playing marth at the moment

Top Bottom