• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marths best stage

R.O.BB^

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tanookisuit2002
I don't know what others think but I believe in melee that Marths best stage is Battlefield because if you are player one you can approach with a double jump nair or if you're p2 drop down and nair or try to get the hard read maybe by countering and marth is decent ledge guarding with down tilts.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Yoshi's Story is defiantly the best stage for Marth.

Mostly because it is small and that makes it easier to use the tipper of his sword.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Just start with a neutral b? Or Dsmash? Nononono

Who falls for that

Staying on topic; Battlefield is a good neutral stage but it really all depends on the matchup

Last edited:

R.O.BB^

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tanookisuit2002
Yes the ceiling is shorter but the sides are smaller on bf for a tipper side smash

Last edited:

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
I believe Marths best stage is matchup dependent. Against spaceys it's fd cause he has a legit 0 to 55% guaranteed no matter what you do and after that very solid continuation into edgeguard. (which is also pretty hard to escape even with glorious smash di) Against sheik it's also fd cause sheik blows on fd. Against falcon it's probably yoshi's cause falcon can't move around there that well. Against peach/puff it's probably stadium cause he gets a lot of space to outmaneuvre whilst still killing early. Against ics it's probably battlefield cause he has the space to camp them but not the insane size of dreamland.

Also "approach with a double jump nair'" don't do this if you whiff you can die from like 0%.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Overall, FD is a great candidate for Marth's best stage. Even aside from the chaingrabs, his range and relative speed allow him to juggle many characters very well with no chance of them using any platforms to escape. I think the lack of platforms benefits him in many matchups more than it hurts him.

Yoshi's is great for the easy platform control and early kills, but spacies in particular can do just as well vs. Marth there.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Marth lacks a definitive "best" stage. Against Fox and if you can CG, it's probably a good idea to go to FD. If you're not comfortable with/don't want to risk Falco's lasers, a stage like FoD or YS where they don't have much room to laser and you have plats to avoid is going to be good. On Sheik, platforms benefit both of you, but DL is definitely a bad idea because it's very difficult to keep combos going on her there.... You get the idea. It's extremely stage and player/opponent dependent as to which stage is his best. However, a good number of Marth's do enjoy YS because they can patrol so much of it at once... but against aggro Fox's, it may not be a good idea.

AirFair

Marth tho
I think it's matchup dependent. Usually I would say FD is the best for vs. Spacies and Sheik. I think Yoshi's has always been a solid stage, but one factor to consider is that it is very small, so playing the space game is much different. I still like it since you can setup easy edeguards with the incline next to the ledge.

outofphase

Smash Apprentice
Marth's best stage is matchup/style dependent, but generally it is either FD or PS because they are long with no high platforms.

Rlagkrud

Smash Cadet
according to m2k, if FD was the only stage in the game, marth would be the best character.

Top Bottom