• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's B Moves

Mosk

Smash Cadet
Nice moveset Marth has, I say it should be perfected in Brawl by making DownB's knockback and/or damage based on the frames. Anyone who mains Marth has gotten the white shine on his perfect counter just the same you would see on a powershield. So when this happens I always get **** jealous of Roy's counter and hoped I could get rewarded with more knockback or damage for these perfect counters. Worst input- knockback and damage equal to a fox jab, Perfect input- damage equal to a tipper, knockback a little less then his forward tilt, and stuns equal to Link's final jab.

And if it's a projectile getting a just counter, well imagine making samus eat her own fully charged energy shot with Marth.

I'm about to complicate things but I think Brawl deserves to be much deeper, and not just for Marth's game but everyones, I'm just interested in Marth's the most. Now alot of these may not seem too useful in higher levels of gameplay and 1 vs. 1 matches but it'd be nice to have anyways.

His >B's could be more useful like being able to poke away a boomerang or detonate a missile, but then they can already set up a grab and grabbing is so important to Marth's game(hopefully his grabs stay as useful). So the first two strikes of his Blade Dance are fine where they're at, even with their near non existant priority making these follow-ups very situational in 1 vs 1 matches. His >B, B, B would be a nice projectile reflector, >B, B, \/B another reflector however all projectiles reflected at downward angles, >B, B, ^B and >B, B, B, ^B are special. Doesn't deflect but absorbs energy. The energy boosts normal B's shield busting property and on neutral B of dancing blade's fourth hit. Dancing Blade's >B, B, B, B like normal B already has shield breaking ability, but without any boost from absorbed energy that property is equal to a tap of the B button on Shieldbreaker.

And that's it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, because Marth isn't powerful enough. Dear GOD! You honestly think it's a good idea to give one of the most powerful characters the ability to refelct and absorb ranged atatcks, which are his only real disadvantage? Not to mention having a shield breaker move at the end of a combo.

Why not just make Marth's neutral A just reduce everyone's stock by 1?

Mosk

Smash Cadet
Yeah, because Marth isn't powerful enough. Dear GOD! You honestly think it's a good idea to give one of the most powerful characters the ability to refelct and absorb ranged atatcks, which are his only real disadvantage? Not to mention having a shield breaker move at the end of a combo.

Why not just make Marth's neutral A just reduce everyone's stock by 1?
Maybe you missed the part where I mentioned I'd like every character's game to be deeper? That can mean more velocity for Mewtwo's shadowball or Samus' charge shot and or more variable velocity(aswell as making the missiles release to detonation based on fuel consumption rather than a timer) application to her missiles, make it so timing two consecutive taps on the B button determines whether a heatseeker or normal
rocket comes out, kinda like fox's 'Illusion'.

Now turn on your gamecube and play your friend, and pretend marth has these properties, pretend your 3rd and 4th Bstrokes actually had these abilities then try putting them in action, you'll soon realize a Samus player wouldn't have a whole lot to worry about. I also mentioned the changes wouldn't be too useful on 1 vs 1's and that's true.

Attempting a just counter remains a risky stunt if you're not careful just like powershielding, how many pro matches are there where someone attempts powershields and consistently pulls it off?
Attempting to reflect Samus' charge shot? If the 3rd stroke is the only stroke capable of reflection it's not practical enough 1 vs 1. It's like fox's shine taking 5x longer to come out how daring would you be to turn samus' own ranged attacks against her then?
Absorbtion? 3 PK flashes is a whole lot of energy no? If a Samus were dumb enough to feed your 3rd/4th strokes even 1 full charge you still think that'd be too much if 3 full PK Flashes is the minimum you'd need to empty out an instant shield break?

4th stroke properties? Who runs into the middle of marths dance and puts his shield up? Or who shields the first 2/3 strokes and doesn't get out the way. I can't remember the last time someone was dumb enough to do that against my marth, and all the last times I can remember my 4stroke connecting was due to the target being unable to shield or dodge against it, which is the case for most.

In competition I'm already satisfied with what Marth has to offer, all this is really just extra stuff to play with, nothing uber when you consider it's practicality, I actually see putting Roy's dance on marth making him godly compared to this.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Unless Marth gets less range, anything you really add to him is too powerful. XD Marth is godly because of his range and speed, and it'd be kinda ******** to drop Marths speed to something of say, Roy, because it would make little sense.

No, i'm not bashing him, Marth's one of my mains too. =/

Top Bottom