• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs. Metaknight

AcidJazz

Smash Apprentice
I think as a Marth that has never played against MK, the edge goes in MK's favor, but once you know what's going to be dished at you, a solid Marth player probably has an advantage over a solid MK player. The matchup is a bit tough either way.

MK's gliding... He's fast on the ground. He can grab from what feels like across the screen. He can attack on every side of his poofy ***. It's intimidating at first.

If you break it down slowly though.

No projectiles, so he's probably going to have to stay on the aggressive side. Putting Marth on the offense is a bad decision usually for anyone. He can glide into attack or grab. Marth can forward b every single glide that comes at him. It's gay as hell, but the second I see MK coming at me, I just forward B combo. If MK rolls behind, it's so easy to turn around with Marth. It really takes his ground option completely out.

MK's air game is weak compared to Marth's... I think. I've dealt with MK mostly on the ground but the times I have gotten him in the air, I usually have an easy edge with Marth.

I thought MK may have had Marth's number, but I'm going to have to agree that he doesn't.

Marth is looking really strong in this game =) <-- lol

malakyoma666

Smash Rookie
I agree that it comes down to whos holding the controller (and what controller it is *cough*wiimote-on-side vs GC*cough*) but me and my friend were BASICALY in the same power level. he mains marth and i mained samus but am switching to meta. im sure MK will win often enough as i see this game eliminating tiers altogether with how balanced it is

Top Bottom