• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs Donkey Kong is even!

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I hate the side b cuz sometimes when i ledge tech and am trying to do an up b right after the wall jump, i accidentally do the side b instead which leads to death, unless i did the side b at the top of the wall jump, and i always try to up b immediately

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Utilt is too laggy to set anything up with. At least you can taunt people by meteoring them with side b.
Thats a meteor that sends them down very slowly compared to other meteors, and it can be easily teched or meteor cancelled, I would not recommend relying on that move for a kill

King Kong

Smash Lord
DK's got massive combo potential on Marth, MASSIVE. The matchup is pretty close to even.

I had a bunch of friendlies with Ken when he came over for COA in January. When we did DK vs Marth I 0%-Deathed him on FD, and that guy has insane DI. U-air juggles to offstage B-air combo or something like that. He came back and 2 stocked me though :chuckle:, but i learned a lot about that matchup.

Basically its a better matchup than any other of the 'top' characters besides maybe Falcon. DK has the B-air which is sex, a grab at low percents gives you a combo, u-throw to giant punch kills at about 60% on some stages, B-air is a great edgeguarding tool and if Marth tries to sweetspot just drop from the edge and up-b him.

peace out

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Just because the UTilt is laggy, doesn't mean it's a poor setup; there's a good amount of hit-stun. And the side+B will never be a good taunt as they'll meteor cancel it almost always.
There are always better options than using an u tilt though. A sh u air is a much better choice in most situations, and when it isn't, an up b is. There's not really any situations where the u tilt is the best choice

halfDemon

Smash Lord
There are always better options than using an u tilt though. A sh u air is a much better choice in most situations, and when it isn't, an up b is. There's not really any situations where the u tilt is the best choice
Never said there are. I was just defending the poor setup comment. It's not poor, just never the best.

Top Bottom