• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth troubles

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Not a Falco player, but crouch-cancel downsmash, firestall, ledgehop bair.

This matchup is supposed to be pretty even from what I hear. Best thing Falco can do is to be extremely gay with lasers I think.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
This is pretty old... But I recommend watching the Bombsoldier vs Ken and PC (as Falco) vs Ken vids for a nice variation of Falco strategies, they both have different ways of edgegaurding as well. Those two alone are more than enough to at least see how to effectively edgegaurd Marth. One decent way to keep Marth pressured when he grabs the edge is just to stay far enough away to be in front of his roll and just laser spam. No matter how he gets up you have a good chance of just lasering to a grab and if they jump and you catch them with a laser usually it's a free fsmash.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
This is pretty old... But I recommend watching the Bombsoldier vs Ken and PC (as Falco) vs Ken vids for a nice variation of Falco strategies, they both have different ways of edgegaurding as well. Those two alone are more than enough to at least see how to effectively edgegaurd Marth. One decent way to keep Marth pressured when he grabs the edge is just to stay far enough away to be in front of his roll and just laser spam. No matter how he gets up you have a good chance of just lasering to a grab and if they jump and you catch them with a laser usually it's a free fsmash.
The current meta game for Marth has a lot more than what Ken uses in those matches to gay the hell out of Falco so don't rely too much on those videos for anything other than combos.

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah, light shield edgeguard is always good, when you're ledgehogging you can throw out bairs but you have to be careful.

Vro

Smash Lord
Just in case you don't know what light shield edgeguarding is, I'll explain =D

Run to an edge after Marth has been knocked off the side. As you approach the edge, roll while holding Z. You should see a light shield after finishing your roll. If you've done everything correctly, you're on the edge with a light shield facing the stage. Keep holding Z and tilt your shield down and towards the edge.

If you do all this correctly and Marth tries to sweetspot the return, he'll hit your shield and you'll end up grabbing the ledge faster than he can.

Top Bottom