• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Tilts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scumbledale

Smash Rookie
I am a dummy ignore this post/thread. -edit

I am going to preface this by saying I'm sure this is already known but I couldn't find anything on it here.

While playing earlier with a friend I noticed his His U-tilt and F-tilt Can be used 2 different ways. If you just barely tilt the stick his tilt will be much faster than if you tilt the stick all the way in one direction.

Last edited:

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Are you thinking about strong and smash attacks? Strong attacks (or tilts) are done by lightly tilting the stick, while smashes are done by fully pressing the stick and attacking simultaneously. Smash attack inputs can even be held to charge for more power!

For example, his strong up attack (or up-tilt) has him swinging in a wide arc from his knees, over his head, all the way behind him.
His up smash however, is a strong, narrow thrust right above his head.

If that's not what you're talking about then I'm 100% sure what you're saying is untrue.

Last edited:

scumbledale

Smash Rookie
I feel like a dummy now for not testing it again before I posted this. It wasn't his smashes. I actually just went to test it again because this happened a few hours ago. Turns out I was tilting the stick so lightly he was just doing his jab.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hey there, first of all welcome to Smashboards! It seems you got the information you needed. Here at the Marth boards we have the Marth general thread where we well talk about Marth in general! This thread topic itself could have been mentioned there and someone could have clarified it for you. We also have the Marth Q/A thread where you can ask questions there if you are uncertain about some aspects of Marth play or need clarification on his mechanics. Since you are mentioning to others to ignore this thread in your OP I will go ahead and lock this. Anyways, again welcome to Smashboards! If you have any questions feel free to ask in the threads I linked or PM me. I'll be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom