• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth or Fox

Marth or fox

• Total voters

Caioob

Smash Rookie
So, I'm starting to play melee, I play for a couple od months and know the basics like wavedashing, l-canllcelling, waveshining etc. But I have a dilema, O can't chose between maining Marth or Fox. I preffer marth's play style, but I really like comboing and gimping with fox.
What you guys think I should choose, amd why?

ilikcereal101

Smash Cadet
since your new marth is a better character because he focuses on more fundamentals, While fox is more tech skill. So start with marth then maybe move onto fox or just play them both and go 75% marth 25% fox

necroTaxonomist

Smash Apprentice
I could give you advice, but it probably isn't a good idea for you to choose your main based on something some random dude on the internet said.
Just keep playing with both of them until you feel certain of who you want.

But you know there's no harm in a dual main.

Last edited:

Caioob

Smash Rookie
I could give you advice, but it probably isn't a good idea for you to choose your main based on something some random dude on the internet said.
Just keep playing with both of them until you feel certain of who you want.

But you know there's no harm in a dual main.
I surely was not going to give the mission on choosing a main for some random dude on interner lol. I just wanted to know your opinions, to have more background information on choosing

Play both until it's painfully obvious which fits you best. You figure it out, not us

copke

I Just Got This Controller
NNID
copke46
3DS FC
1049-0983-0823
I mean, the year 20XX is coming. Everyone will switch to Fox eventually, right?

I say Marth, beat the crowd.

DizzyBoyGenius

Smash Rookie
It's all about your playstyle. If you're just beginning and want to learn the game more effectively I'd go with Marth since a lot of Marth's stuff isn't all about being frame perfect like Fox's multi shines are.

Top Bottom