• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth OoS

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
I've been trying to work on my OoS game and I was wondering what are some good options OoS. There's always wavedash but how does Fair. . . fair against pressure? Would Counter be good for Falco sheild pressure? How about Dolphin Slash?

FROST :)

Smash Cadet
Dolphin slash is amazing, turn-around dolphin slash is amazing as well. I either WaveDash OoS or Dolphin Slash. Its relatively safe to do on stages that have a top platform that you can land on. Like yoshi's or Battlefield. It saves you from being airborn for too long.

Edit : You can also grab, obviously. Those are the top 3 options, how ever mixing up other options is great because it makes you unpredictable

Last edited:

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
Dolphin slash is amazing, turn-around dolphin slash is amazing as well. I either WaveDash OoS or Dolphin Slash. Its relatively safe to do on stages that have a top platform that you can land on. Like yoshi's or Battlefield. It saves you from being airborn for too long.
So no DS on FD I'm assuming? And does it work well against any character in particular?

FROST :)

Smash Cadet
For me, It works great against Fox/Falco , just because they try to be in your face and over-extend quite a lot, but its not character dependent, it mainly depends on how well/bad the other player spaces. On FD you can do it if you're sure that it'll kill. You should mess around with it and try landing on the top platform of every legal stage just to make sure you can do it in a match

Wafflesaurus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wafflesaurus
Dair OoS is good. Works against spacies' dash attack when they end up on the other side of the shield and many other uses (Dittos, sheik).
Up B OoS is a good killing move and can be easily done by just running towards your opponent and waiting for them to hit you (kind of what Mango does a lot with spacies). You can even land on the top platform most of the time (remember you don't need to reverse a dolphin slash for it to hit with the strong hitbox. If you reverse it you might not reach the top platform)
Fair OoS can be used when opponents end up really far away from your shield. Retreating fair is also good.
Roll is actually not that bad, it has a lot of distance to it. Don't underestimate the use of buffer rolls (especially against spacies' shield pressure).
There's also spot dodge but it is definitely my least used OoS option. I feel Marth doesn't benefit from it as much as other characters since Marth needs to space more and there's not much you can do out of it since most of your hitboxes will hit with the sour spot and grab takes a long time.
On platforms you can also shield drop which is really good.
Finally, there's always the good ol' WD OoS and grab.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Counter comes out on frame 5, which is just as fast as up-B, except that you don't have to input the jump to up-B. I think up-B is better option even assuming both connect. More knockback and hitstun, and you can often just land on the top platform and start working your way back to neutral from there.

Top Bottom