• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth on Wifi

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
How do you play marth on wifi? I just got beat by a wolf player that just spammed lasers and smash attacked.

I just cannot deal with the lag. It seems like wifi only 25% of the time registers the full forward b combo. I can't release a fair near the ground to safely space myself. When i try to do anything like fox trot and pivot into fsmash i just end up running halfway across the stage and dash attacking. I can't bring up my shield fast enough to block anything.

Should i just walk around the stage spamming fsmash? Because I definitely seem to do better when i play that way. People keep telling me to "adjust" to the lag, but that seems ridiculous when I'm trying to make decisions really quickly. Maybe I should just switch to wolf and spam b moves and the cstick.

Thelaird

Smash Rookie
Is this against random people or friends? I don't even attempt to play online as my wireless connection sucks, so I need the adapter to make it wired, but just curious. I really like Marth and would like to play at least against friends. I could deal without the random people. I kinda expect the random people fights to be pretty laggy anyway.

Top Bottom