• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth matchups

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
Hey, so anyways trouble against Marths. I have some stuff that I use against them such as:

*Teleporting down to the stage when I'm being juggled (aerial approaches bad with Marth's range)
*WD to d tilt gets me the majority of dmg to him
*Early F air chains
*Teleporting back on stage but get F smashed (is that better than sweet spotting?)
Can you tell me any others and are these wise choices?

I don't know how to approach a Marth in some aspects:
How do I...

*Edgeguard him when he's coming back on stage? (barrage of F airs and side b makes it seem impossible) I usually just have to KO him and it takes forever-
*Against a Marth, I don't know what I'm supposed to do when I sweet spot the ledge (although the range of getting back up (A) shocks people and I get the hit in--)
*How do I kill him (finishers) >_>
*What am I supposed to do when I'm being comboed with lots of F airs (such as after I don't DI the opposite way when he F throws me or something like that)...sometimes I don't react fast enough ><

I think that's it for now...thanks in advance.

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
//Edit// I just erased what I had typed, it was irrelevant to this topic-

quak

Smash Champion
like i said somewhere before:

if you are good enough to overcome the overwhelming counter of marth, you don't need to be told what to do at that point

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
yea, with marth there is no really good tips. i try to edge guard him with a back air. but in the end math is gay. period
There's no way marth is gay, I use him sometimes. But then again he's not fun to face as mewtwo. So that makes him...bi? :laugh:

Uncharged shadow balls are a ray of hope in this darkest match-up.

Top Bottom