• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth match up

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
I get grabbed a lot, and find that I'm gonna be stuck for a while. I try and mix up the di and techs, but my friend just keeps getting me somehow. On the levels with platforms, the grab leads me on one of them and the u-tilts just ****.

Any advice as to which way to di or tech when? I mean, switching it up is key, but I seem to be terrible at it...
Marth's grab is too good...

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
agreed. i hate marth's grab. learn to shffl and hit low in the shield. or jump past him with a sh and bair him.

approach with shl and grab/ftilt or something.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Theres not really a way to get out if they're a good player.
The best thing to do is just not get grabbed.
Easier sed than done yes, but thats really the only way.

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
Theres not really a way to get out if they're a good player.
The best thing to do is just not get grabbed.
Easier sed than done yes, but thats really the only way.
Yeah, your probally right. I'll keep that in mind...
Thanks for the advice. I'll try not to be grabbed and start passing their sheild.

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
****, it is all I know. I laser untill my opponent gets frustrated and starts doing stupid and predictable things. But when Falco's in a Marth grab combo, I start to panic a little.

I'll just remind myself not to be hit by those fairs into grabs anymore.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
The only real strategy I can offer is to make Marth go on the offensive. Since so many Falco players play uber-aggressively, Marths can wait for them to charge and then grab when they miss an l-cancel or dair too early. I would suggest just spamming until he gets impatient and goes on the offensive

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
is it harder to grab falco when you dair later in the shuffle? why do people keep saying dair later i dont get it

edit: nm. mr c rules

A-Laon

Smash Master
For the chain grabs, I mainly just focus on pulling out an upward DI + shine at that 30-50 damage range to escape the grab and start my own combo.

If all else fails, go make a sandwich.

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
@ Tezuka, yeah, that is a good spot against Marth chain grab. They might dash past you instead of turning around. But the guy I play will usually get me anyways... :ohwell:

For the chain grabs, I mainly just focus on pulling out an upward DI + shine at that 30-50 damage range to escape the grab and start my own combo.

If all else fails, go make a sandwich.

:laugh: I don't know why I find that so funny. ^_^

Good advice, but if you di away, couldn't the Marth just go for a u-tilt or f-smash?

A-Laon

Smash Master

:laugh: I don't know why I find that so funny. ^_^

Good advice, but if you di away, couldn't the Marth just go for a u-tilt or f-smash?
DI upwards, not away (at least to go for the shine). But yes, DI'ing away can get you a little tippy quite nicely. If you can't pull off the upward DI + shine, just get ready to DI that sidesmash.

But really, due to the odds of survival, making a sandwich truly is a better use of your time.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Upward DI doesn't affect your trajectory, I don't think, it's just a matter of timing the shine perfectly.

rice

Smash Journeyman
well, too avoid getting grabbed, you stay away from him, so he can't get a f-air/u-air to grab. then you approach him with lasers, and most marths will start shielding. Then if you want to avoid gettin shield grabbed, you either pass them with a n-air or a d-air. I prefer a n-air. I'm guessing you can combo marths very well so i don't need to go into that part. if you do get grabbed....i tend to just DI straight up. sometimes you can jump before he can grab again, and it also prevents you from DI'ing into a tipper in most cases. Racking up dmg on marth is quite easy, its just finishing him. Which you should use the light shield for ^^

Top Bottom