• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Kill Combos?

WhiteKnight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stealthfox2
I was wondering what some kill combos for marth were and at about what percentage they can be used.

So far the only one I know is back throw to dair, which can work at really low percents.

ObdurateMARio

Smash Apprentice
There's the famous 'Ken Combo', but generally marth doesn't get a ton of strict combos. This is smash, after all. You'll want to use Marth's edge guarding prowess to get kills, less then trying to land flashy combos. It's good to know the combos, but fundamentals like edge guarding will win you many more games.

Preacher

Smash Cadet
side B to up tilt is a good way to kill floatys but it is a string. As far as I know d-throw to d-air is doable with bad DI so it's not a reliable combo. Chaining up-airs on heavy weight characters like fox at ~30% then n-air to hit them off the stage is what I end up using most often, and like obdurate said edge guarding will take you from there.

Retrolistic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3282-2606-7561
It's such a very vague question. A lot of things are DI dependent. But yeah, inb4: Ken Combo. (This is also very DI Dependent unless frame trapped)

ZeroPixelHitbox

Smash Cadet
I think Marth is really well used if you use SHFFL Fair and dair to juggle horizontally. Usually if this is done in a string, you can rack up a LOT of % and easily edgeguard when it comes to it.

Codester

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCodester87
3DS FC
0130-1912-9132
There's the famous 'Ken Combo', but generally marth doesn't get a ton of strict combos. This is smash, after all. You'll want to use Marth's edge guarding prowess to get kills, less then trying to land flashy combos. It's good to know the combos, but fundamentals like edge guarding will win you many more games.
Eh? No the Ken combo is a sh fair into your second jump then dair. Merely spiking someone from a throw isn't a Ken combo.(whoops sorry bro I misread your post and thought it said "that's" my bad.

Last edited:

Armant Natu

Smash Cadet
When your opponent is at a decent enough damage (over 60%ish) fairs will always lead into either a dair or a reverse dolphin slash depending on which way they DI. It takes a lot of practice to see the setups for each. And you have to get good at watching their DI.

ObdurateMARio

Smash Apprentice
D-throw into f-smash is a good one at mid percentage. I think it's a guaranteed tip.
It's DI dependent. They still have to DI down and away. It can trick people though if they've been DI'ing for Fthrow then they'll eat tipper from dthrow. It won't work against even mid-level players though unless you use it very sparingly. The only throw to fsmash that I reccommend making a significant part of your Marth repetoire is upthrow (DI read) -> Fsmash on Fox/Falco/Falcon.

As Marth, you wanna use your grabs to either put the opponent in the air for combos, or put them closer to the edge for an edgeguard.

ArcZ

Smash Rookie
One thing you can do that is kinda hard but works very well is to forward throw/back throw a floaty, jigglypuff comes to mind and then pivot f-smash for the tipper. Since they are so floaty it is really easy to kill them at lower percents. You can find an example in game 3 of PewPewU vs HungryBox at APEX 2015. It works in P:M too. I have done it against Puff but not tried it against any other floaties but it should work. It is also a little DI dependent at higher percents but that is with any "guarenteed" combo. Hoped this helps!

Charby

Smash Journeyman
I use this against all floaties not just JigglyPuff ,for example it works pretty well against Ivysaur or GW

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
It's DI dependent. They still have to DI down and away. It can trick people though if they've been DI'ing for Fthrow then they'll eat tipper from dthrow. It won't work against even mid-level players though unless you use it very sparingly. The only throw to fsmash that I reccommend making a significant part of your Marth repetoire is upthrow (DI read) -> Fsmash on Fox/Falco/Falcon.

As Marth, you wanna use your grabs to either put the opponent in the air for combos, or put them closer to the edge for an edgeguard.

Or "Chain Grabs".

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman

Cool story bro.

Top Bottom