• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth instructional video!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There is a new Marth video on my website, www.overswarm.com

It is an instructional video that is supposed to help aspiring Marth players learn the basic fundamentals of Marth, and give current Marth players a few insights to the current metagame.

My Melee videos are kind of an experiment in preperation for Brawl; if you have any advice, please post it here so I can make a much more solid section for Brawl when it is released!

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
I didn't watch the advance tech thing but the Marth vid was pretty solid, wish I saw it when I 1st started mainin the guy.

SOPF

Smash Apprentice
Wow, really crackin down on noob posting huh Bluedeath?
As to the video, my comp was too slow to load it completely but I saw the beginning with the tip info and for new Marths I'm sure that will be very helpful. And in that whole aspect of improving the post quality of certain Marth players (not to say that I'm a perfect poster or anything) I gotta agree with Blue there.
Oh, and for any others reading this, remember that videos such as this one will not make you a better player, only the correct application of what they attempt to teach you will (That is if what they try to teach you is plausable)

fatica9

Smash Rookie
awesome guide overswarm, i liked your falco video as well...

if you ever plan on updating the video, a section covering sh double fairs might be nice

Silver Sytos

Smash Apprentice
This is really good. I learned some stuff liek that mysterious sweetspot of the uair.

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
Well done on the video. There's some more things you could add to this though. Are you planning some updates or perhaps volume two?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well done on the video. There's some more things you could add to this though. Are you planning some updates or perhaps volume two?
The character videos are meant to be a quick breeze through the character; I plan on having articles in the future that focus specifically on the characters in question.

It is more than likely that there will be more videos on characters than articles on the characters, as Brawl should be coming out relatively soon and people like the videos more anyway.

Teaching something with a video is very, very hard. Most of the people that watch videos but don't read articles don't study the video. They just watch it once, then go and play and think it'll make them awesome. My website is specifically designed to make the videos as to eye openers, with articles giving those open eyes something to absorb.

Oh, and for any others reading this, remember that videos such as this one will not make you a better player, only the correct application of what they attempt to teach you will (That is if what they try to teach you is plausable)
Agreed! I have that same thing written as an intro to the melee and halo 2 sections :)

metroid1117

Smash Master
I would've thought that you would show short-hop double FAir'ing and FAir -> UAir on the same short-hop, but I thought wrong. It was a good video overall.

Shinespiked

Smash Rookie
Great video. Wish I had discovered when i first picked up marth. I liked the up-b segment, it's a move that many marths don't think to use as a weapon. If you ever make another marth vid you should include the dash dance as a set up for the up-b. It works pretty well and it looks freakin awesome.

Good stuff, keep up the vids.

Top Bottom