• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth in Brawl: The Comprehensive Analysis [1.2] *Spoilers (hidden)*

Wight

Smash Apprentice
i have a question... my "main" in melee is marth, but im not a good player because i bought melee since i got the wii last december... so, my Q is: should i'll be worried about the techniques i didnt learned on melee for this brawl's marth?? or it would be different and i have the chance to improve the new marth??

thanks
From what i've read, heard and seen, marth, out of all the characters returning from Melee is by far the closest to his previous conterpart. Lots of techniques that were used by professional Marth players in melee still work in Brawl, and many do not. At this point because everyone has been playing melee for such a long time, everyone is playing brawl as if it was melee. This is why Marth is being played in brawl vids like melee marth. However the odds of Brawl being played competitively like melee is slim. This is why if you want to pick up brawl, worrying about melee advanced techs isnt of great importance.

Because Wavedashing is out, spacing will be much different for marth. This means that the way marth is played and spaced out will be very different.

So in response to your question:
When you get brawl, try and adapt to the way marth plays in brawl. Heck, you might even have the upper-hand over those who are crippled by melee game-play.

I would suggest learning the following though:
SH- Double Fair (easier in brawl however)
Using Up-B out of your shield

if you need more detailed explanation (what all these acronyms means etc) ask me to PM you.

Hope that answers your question.

Top Bottom