• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Hitbox and Frame Discussion

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
I'm posting a thread to discuss hitbox and frame data so i can pass on information but to get this out of the way. I know that there is a complete marth hit box and frame data thread but, this is to discuss tiny stuff like how the hitboxes change knockback angles You're free to post anything you found below. Now I got that out of the way its time for me to copy and paste my gfycat to see all the frame data gifs from the
COMPLETE: Marth Hitboxes and Frame Data
By x1-12, huge shout out to him because, I did not make the gifs at my gifycat and he did so. Enough of that and time to link my gifycat.
My GifyCat

Here you can view marth's attacks frame by frame. Now I'll just paste everything I wrote down in notepad.

Grab
On the 7th to 8th frame of the standing grab the hit box goes from a huge distance past his hand to marth's lower back meaning the grab box goes past marth so you can get a grab from behind but only if you're partially in the oponent I recommend using the dash grab which covers the end of marths cape but it is dangerous to use because if you miss it, its 40 frames to sit through

Up tilt

The up tilt has two hit boxes one is when hitting from the front and on is hitting from the back both can be tippered you can tell the tipper from the front because it sorta carries the other character with the sword and puts it behind them so it sends them in an angle and they get sent behind you this is a really bad drawing but bair with me get it haha bair the highest point of the up tilt is frames 9-10 but they don't hit where the blue is they hit where just before the blue is so when you look at it the | is the blue and - is where the hit box actually is -| very simular to it and also the hit box is longer in the front than in the back when you hit with the back side of the up tilt it sends them at an \ angle so you can follow up with dair the hit box ends at frame 13 so thats when the attack should hit imo It has alot of ending lag too from frame 14-39 is how much end lag it has thats 25 frames where the oponent can get in a charged up smash if they're fox or falco

Down Tilt
Hit box comes out on frame 6 1-5 is free to attack the hit box is just about past the tip on the 4th hit box 3rd and 4th hit box are the same size and go through each other so it looks like a venn diagram the 2nd hit box is the 2nd smallest which is through his arm also the 3rd and 4th hitbox cover marth's whole sword the 3rd covering his hand and the 2nd covers the remaining parts of his arm the first hit box is the smallest and covers back of his head sort of
hit box goes from frames 6-8 with 2 hit boxes the one on the 7th frame being the bigger one with all the hitboxes bigger at the bottom half of the hit boxes but not by much and the 8th is the same as the 6th the ending lag is from frame 9-48 which is 39 frames of ending lag WOW thats a really laggy attack but you can cut that end lag with a wave dash or jumping so i suggest mixing in wave dashes with d tilt or if you're camping d tilt shffl also to note on frame 8 the hit box for frame 6 is the same but not in the same spot its a little higher than frame 6

F Tilt

35 frames hitbox comes out on the 6th frame goes to 7-10 frames of the attack 9th and 10th have the same ammount of horizontal range but 9th is really hard to hit ending lag goes from 11-35 thats 24 frames of ending lag which beats up tilt 7th-8th frame the hit box goes under marths feet the hit boxes are all differnent in each frame the 1st hit box in marths head is the same for 8-10 and its smaller in the 7th frame but it shows the most in the 9th frame the 2nd hit box in his arm is the smallest in 6th and biggest in 7th the 3rd at the base of his sword is smallest in frame 6 and is the biggest in 7th second biggest in 9th 3rd biggest on the 8th his 4th hit box at the tip of his sword is smallest at the 6th frame 2nd smallest on the 7th frame and it has the same hit box for 8th and 9th

Sword Dance 1

28 frames hit box comes on on the hit box goes 5-7 frames and it acts as a third jump in the air because each jump gets smaller so in smash bros if you could triple jump thats what the height would be with marth probably it also gives you some horizontal push in the air and makes you fall slower so mix this in with dolphin slash ending lag goes 8-28 which is 20 frames of ending lag exactly 1/3 of a second the 6th frame is the one with the most verticle range and horizontal range the 6th based on range seems the best (i cant test knock back angle right now)

Sword Dance 2

39 frames goes from frame 13-15 the hitbox on the 15th frame has the most horizontal range and the 13th has the least 14th being in the middle of course ending lag goes from frame 16-39 which is 23 frames of ending lag

Sword Dance 2 Up

40 frames hit box is from frame 11-14 the most verticle range is in frame 14 and the most verticle range is in frame 12 and 13 the ending lag goes from frame 15-40 which is 25 frames of ending lag all the hit boxes are the biggest on frame 12 of the attack and smallest on frame 11 and 2nd biggest on frame 13

sword dance 3 down

sword dance 3 down is interesting because it can spike which is pretty fun to do but hard you can also ledge guard with this against fox's up b but any way the sword dance 3 down is 46 frames and the hit box comes out at frames 15-18 and ending lag from frames 19-46 which is 27 frames of ending lag 15th frame has the smallest hit boxes and the 16th has the biggest hit boxes

Top Bottom