• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperFlash

Smash Rookie
NNID
HyperFlashOne
Hey Everyone! I have been playing Smash Bros for a while now and got into for glory mode, as I've wanted to joi then competitive Smash Bros. scene for a while now. Anyway, while I am slowly improving, I still seem to be having a lot of trouble, so can someone give me some pointers?

Deathbyawesome

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gaijin8814
3DS FC
4227-4375-5257
One of the biggest pieces of advice I can give is to stay calm and think logically. Think music when you play and stay in step with your opponent. This is especially prominent with Marth due to his need for spacing. Practice your tippers and learn how to pivot smash. Learn how to short hop fair and nair and practice your spacing with them. Learn to be comfortable off stage. Use your shield breaker for extra movement and mix ups with dancing blade. Dont be afraid to grab and learn to dash grab and cross up your opponent for extra spacing utility.

HyperFlash

Smash Rookie
NNID
HyperFlashOne
One of the biggest pieces of advice I can give is to stay calm and think logically. Think music when you play and stay in step with your opponent. This is especially prominent with Marth due to his need for spacing. Practice your tippers and learn how to pivot smash. Learn how to short hop fair and nair and practice your spacing with them. Learn to be comfortable off stage. Use your shield breaker for extra movement and mix ups with dancing blade. Dont be afraid to grab and learn to dash grab and cross up your opponent for extra spacing utility.
Probably one of my biggest problems is my off stage survivability. I get comboed off stage and stuck in a place where I can't recover, even with shield breaker. It seems I just get damage-racked and then comboed into oblivion.

Last edited:

Deathbyawesome

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gaijin8814
3DS FC
4227-4375-5257
Incorporate the first part of dancing blades in your off stage game. It suspends you in the air for a moment and allows you to jump back on stage. Remember that marth can recover extremely low with his up B. If you think the opponent is going for a gimp you need to read where he will be and counter.

If you are recovering high I like to fastfall then react like you would when dashing your opponent. Or as a mixup you can begin charging shield breaker while recovering high and use it to scare the opponent away. If he doesn't move away let go and attack, if he does then obviously youre safe.

When getting up from the ledge its important to mix up how you ledge getup. Attack if they are camping by waiting for their move. Or roll when you usually jump. Remember to utilize fast fall in these scenarios so that you can land asap.

HyperFlash

Smash Rookie
NNID
HyperFlashOne
Right. Doesn't Counter completely reset his downwards acceleration?

Deathbyawesome

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gaijin8814
3DS FC
4227-4375-5257
Not completely but it does a tremendous job lol. The lag with that move isn't that great. I'd recommend using the first part of dancing blades if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom