• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Grab Kill Confirm Out of Grab

Conradical

Smash Cadet
NNID
alphamenter
So I was testing around with Marth and i realised that his down-throw -> up-b combo'd until really late. I tested out this until the latest percent possible and realised that it killed at around 200%. While it might be counteracted by DI, it can still catch an opponent off-guard. I also know that his up-throw kills earlier, but maybe it's better with rage? Anyways, it does help with style! You can click here to see the video.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
So I was testing around with Marth and i realised that his down-throw -> up-b combo'd until really late. I tested out this until the latest percent possible and realised that it killed at around 200%. While it might be counteracted by DI, it can still catch an opponent off-guard. I also know that his up-throw kills earlier, but maybe it's better with rage? Anyways, it does help with style! You can click here to see the video.
There probably won't be a lot of situations where your opponent is at 200% for most Marth players, and even if they do live that long, after the grab it would be a lot easier to just up throw kill them since it will be a guaranteed kill at that point.

Conradical

Smash Cadet
NNID
alphamenter
There probably won't be a lot of situations where your opponent is at 200% for most Marth players, and even if they do live that long, after the grab it would be a lot easier to just up throw kill them since it will be a guaranteed kill at that point.
Yeah, but I was thinking that maybe in some situations with rage, up-b up in the air would kill earlier than just an up-throw.

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
The only time this would be the case is if you hit the small hitbox that sends upwards, since the late hitboxes mostly send horizontally.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
lol nice. Kill confirms at 200 percent.
I've gotten a kill with dolphin slash sourspot at a 154%, but it was on Town and City. I don't think its a true combo but it worked. Sourspot dolphin slash can kill on rare occasions, and down throw to up b is a good combo to go for when you can't normally reach with up air.
Here's the video with the 154% sourspot dolphin slash KO:

Top Bottom