• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Fastfall Nair Kill Combos - Can you master the tipper?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

One thing Marth suffered from early on in the game's lifespan, was lack of consistent kill options. Sure, you could kill at 50% with a tipper...but how to get it?

Well, now Marth has quite a few combo tools. One of these is the first hit of his nair. Due to the landing lag buff, if you fastfall this move, you can act quickly out of it.

This works better at higher %s, due to added hitstun.

Warning: Getting the tipper followups requires precise inputs and positioning, so be sure to extensively practice if you wish to use these optimally during a match...if you're brave enough :4villager:

So now moving on to the juicy stuff. What combos can you perform out of the first hit of nair that can kill? (For reference, all combos tested on :4wiifitm: )

Dsmash. Ideally, tipper. Will kill at 105% or so near the ledge. If you don't get tipper, then it will do some damage and send them up for possible juggles, but if you aren't confident you can do it (as it's the hardest tipper to land after ff nair), then I suggest going for another option.

Uptilt. Tipper will kill at 115% or so.

Fsmash. This one is interesting, because it only starts being a true combo at 120% or so. However, at this %s, untippered fsmash will likely kill near the ledge, and additionally, tipper can kill from anywhere on the stage.

Ftilt. Tipper will kill around the same as uptilt near the edge.

Up-B. Will kill at around 110% at the ledge. Better to hit with untippered ff nair.

Most of these are easier to tipper if you have some backwards momentum when you ff nair

Any more ideas? =D

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
My favorite kill combo lately has been SH DB1 -> Nair1 -> Jab1 -> Fsmash/PP SB.
Just be careful that during SH DB1 and Jab1 are breaks in the combo, so this is more a setup string than anything else. Otherwise, I use this as well from time to time xD

Fsmash. This one is interesting, because it only starts being a true combo at 120% or so. However, at this %s, untippered fsmash will likely kill near the ledge, and additionally, tipper can kill from anywhere on the stage.
Now this right here I definitely did not know till now. Good job finding this Darklink, mind if this gets added to the guide (with credit to you of course)?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Just be careful that during SH DB1 and Jab1 are breaks in the combo, so this is more a setup string than anything else. Otherwise, I use this as well from time to time xD

Now this right here I definitely did not know till now. Good job finding this Darklink, mind if this gets added to the guide (with credit to you of course)?
Sure thing ^^

My honor, haha.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Sure thing ^^

My honor, haha.
hahaha xD you've been contributing to the guide in the past from my memory, so this shouldn't be anything new. Anyways, with what you've got to work with here, make the best of it as you can. I'm not as active either, so I'm hoping you'll be able to help the meta wherever I cannot.

Good job again, I'm looking forward to seeing more stuff on here in the future ^^
(Though I do remember we were suppose to do more matches again, but I never followed up on that ^^" We'll discuss that in PM later)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
hahaha xD you've been contributing to the guide in the past from my memory, so this shouldn't be anything new. Anyways, with what you've got to work with here, make the best of it as you can. I'm not as active either, so I'm hoping you'll be able to help the meta wherever I cannot.

Good job again, I'm looking forward to seeing more stuff on here in the future ^^
(Though I do remember we were suppose to do more matches again, but I never followed up on that ^^" We'll discuss that in PM later)
Lmaoo right right xD we were.

Also I wonder if there are any more kill options from ff nair....XP

I cant think of any other fast kill moves marth has o3o''

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Lmaoo right right xD we were.

Also I wonder if there are any more kill options from ff nair....XP

I cant think of any other fast kill moves marth has o3o''
If this helps, there is NAir > SH NAir at around 130%+ So it may be possible to space it to tipper. I'm still testing with all the new buffs and updating the guide on my end

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
If this helps, there is NAir > SH NAir at around 130%+ So it may be possible to space it to tipper. I'm still testing with all the new buffs and updating the guide on my end
Oh right, I imagine that works, if you have backwards momentum!

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Oh right, I imagine that works, if you have backwards momentum!
Probably FAir and UAir can do it as well, but at a much higher percent. I'm eating breakfast so I can't test it yet xD

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
You're not the only one xD One way or another, I need to test it anywho. The guide's gotta reflect the recent changes after all
Tested

Nah, the aerials DO combo but not at a viable % (140-150%). I'd just go for fsmash after ff nair XP

Last edited:
Top Bottom