• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Dtilt>Usmash Kill Combo (Debunked, Lock and Disregard)

AccountsDept

Smash Cadet
the loser's portrait on the victory screen
NNID
Xeno
The combo itself is Dtilt>Upsmash.

Let me elaborate.

From 0-118% percent marth can true combo (at least according to training) from Dtilt to Usmash. This has only been tested on diddy, but I'll get right on testing other characters after this.

:4diddy:
Working Percentages :
0-118%
Killing Percentages
105-118%

This was disregarding DI.

I hope this really becomes a thing. I don't have the proper tools to record and show this, but others can test it out for themselves and find out what other characters this works with.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Ill record this tomorrow. I just tested it out on my 3DS and confirmed this. For those wondering it also works with Lucina but only until 87%. Ill have the video up by tomorrow night. I tested on Diddy Kong as well. I will try out and see if this works against other characters too. Additionally, Marth is able to combo to greater percentages because his modifier on attacks for sour-spots is 0.7x while Lucinas is 1.0x.

EDIT: I confirmed it against Bowser after around 10%. With Wii U version Ill be able to test it out more accurately.
Disregard this post and read the next one I made.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Update: I tested this once again on half of the cast. By the time I was at King Dedede something seemed off throughout the cast. While the training mode combo meter was marking it as a combo, by the characters animations, it seemed as they should have time to react appropriately. That's when I decided to test d-tilt to fully charged F-smash. This is definitely not a combo and you can see when you start charging the F-smash that the opponent would have more than enough time to react. However, as soon as I let go of the attack the training mode combo meter marked it as a combo. In other words, something is not working correctly in the in game combo counter.

Akira213

Smash Cadet
Update: I tested this once again on half of the cast. By the time I was at King Dedede something seemed off throughout the cast. While the training mode combo meter was marking it as a combo, by the characters animations, it seemed as they should have time to react appropriately. That's when I decided to test d-tilt to fully charged F-smash. This is definitely not a combo and you can see when you start charging the F-smash that the opponent would have more than enough time to react. However, as soon as I let go of the attack the training mode combo meter marked it as a combo. In other words, something is not working correctly in the in game combo counter.
It seems that way. I believed OP when I went to training mode and it registered it as a combo but after several attempts in real matches I was unable to produce the same result.

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
I was so hyped when I was reading the OP and then the next few posts. I was all "This is what Marth has been missing! A safe confirm into a combo!" I am frustration incarnate! :mad088::mad088::mad088:

WIM

Smash Rookie
NNID
YoungLionFE6
I suppose it's time for me to stop lurking since I actually have something to contribute.

As some of you may have started to noticed, this is not a true combo. I have tested this with my brother and he was able to block the Up-smash with his shield before I could hit him. Something I found interesting is if he jumped after getting hit with the D-Tilt, he would get hit by a Tippered Up-Smash (Around 40~% is where the Up-Smash started whiffing). This was tested on Diddy without DI btw. I didn't think it was necessary to test with DI since it was escapable without it.

And another thing Marth's Up-Smash is actually two hits, so that might be the reason why you're seeing 2 on the combo counter (Unless you're getting 3 hits, in which case I've been doing it wrong the entire time...).

Top Bottom